Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

Discus and support Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Biggolpp, Feb 27, 2024.

1. /u/Biggolpp
    /u/Biggolpp Guest

I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ?

submitted by /u/Biggolpp
    [link] [comments]

/u/Biggolpp, Feb 27, 2024
  2. JoeyZarra Win User

headset output is selected, but it still plays through tv

I know what your talking about, but that option is comparing chat audio to game audio, not headset to tv. To clarify, the chat audio is fine and never lags; its the game audio
  3. TEST F0R ECH0 Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Actually the chat adapter that they are selling as of today does send both game audio and chat audio. There are even two buttons on the adapter itself that you can use to adjust the game audio vs chat audio percentage. The new Polk headset and the two
    new Turtle Beach X1 headsets get all game and chat audio through the new stereo headset adapter that was released today.

I imagine that your modified version of the adapter is actually a much better solution for 3rd party headset users, because it was modified off of the chat microphone and adapter that came with the X1. It was designed to just deliver chat audio back and
    forth.

Now that Microsoft has gone down the road of both game and chat audio coming through the controller and adapter, it has changed the playing field. It is great if you use a headset that doesn't have any other audio signal coming to your headset.

Also, I did look through the link above. It is where I got the idea to turn game audio to 0% and chat audio to 100% coming through the adapter. Thanks for the idea though.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360: Audio playing through TV not headset

The Xbox 360 controller does not support game audio to be played through the controller's audio port.

The audio port is only built for headset voice chat.
  5. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Head phone

Hey RedFoxx,

You are correct. The headset is just for chat audio, it does not play game or system audio through that earpiece.
Thema:

1. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio - Similar Threads - Headset plays game

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...: Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio any advice I have turtle beach recon 50x.? beacf63e-6d97-4866-989c-c8fe689055a7
  5. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  6. New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio: Hi, When trying to use my new Astro A10 headset, I have quickly realized that my headset can get the menu sound and the chat sound but it has no sound in game. How do I fix this?...
  7. Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio: I'm unable to hear recorded audio on my headset. I can hear in game audio, and the random clicks and sounds while navigating the xbox menus. I can hear the monitoring of my mic. When I record a...
  8. Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.: When I plug in my mic there isn't any chat mixer option. Everything's up to date. The Headset plays all audio on other devices. The controller knows when I plug and unplug the mic. But, it plays...
  9. How to play game audio through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to play game audio through headset?: I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the...
  10. Headset does not play game audio. Help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Headset does not play game audio. Help.: I have a headset (uPlay I think) and from the day I bought it it has been fine. It played audio from both the party I was in and the game I was playing. Great. This past week or two it has...