Headset picks up party chat but not game sound!

Discus and support Headset picks up party chat but not game sound! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Need advice on how to get game sound to my headset. Party chat works perfectly fine, however, game and dashboard sound are coming out of the TV still.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thugStuff, Dec 3, 2017.

1. thugStuff
    thugStuff Guest

Need advice on how to get game sound to my headset. Party chat works perfectly fine, however, game and dashboard sound are coming out of the TV still.

I am using Turtle Beach Recon 50X and tried with RIG 400HX with the same results.

Thanks!

:)

thugStuff, Dec 3, 2017
  2. CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution

WhileyCoyote00, Dec 3, 2017
  3. BigMac65
    BigMac65 Guest
    Help

My headset was working for both game sound and party chat now not working for game sound and only shows settings for party chat

BigMac65, Dec 3, 2017
  4. onyxishere Win User

Echo problem

Are you using the Kinect to chat in party mode? If so then it is picking up all the ambient sounds including game play from the speakers. The console should have come with a headset. If you're not already doing so, try using that instead.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Party/mic issues

I am assuming that you have both game and party chat Coming through the headset and not TV speakers. Some mics even on a boom are extremely sensitive and will pick up even sound from the headset. If your mic is flexible, try to bend it further away from
    the ear pieces.

Which headset are you using?
  6. nickynock Win User

Windows Xbox app in game chat

Hey

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately any form of Xbox party is no good as we play with friends using ps4 hence the in game chat works great but the app doesn't seem to pick up in game chat only the game sounds.

I get if your in a party it overrides the in game chat but even when no party lobby is active it still doesn't come through yet works as it should via the headset so I know the sound is there

Its very odd! I can only assume maybe the in game chat is blocked by the app somehow although I'm hoping not :)
  7. VeiledCoot Win User

Echo of own voice in Party Chat

Your headset is probably picking up the party sound causing it to echo or there's a loose connection
  8. Shaun 1234 Win User

XBOX ONE Stereo Headset Static Problem....

I experiencing the same static junk! Picked up my xo sevens and when I'm in a chat with friends the static that comes through when they talk is terrible! The cheap headset Microsoft gave us with the xbox has better chat audio! Please please fix the static
    issue! Both of my friends that picked up the chat adapter for their x12's are going through the same stuff! I know it's not the headset. Game audio sounds great just the chat sounds bad.
Thema:

1. Headset picks up party chat but not game sound! - Similar Threads - Headset picks party

2. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  3. My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.: The rig 300 hc headset mic is barely picking up my voice. Please help 36db2845-0636-4bd2-8613-ff9d00c4b1b4
  4. X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio: X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio, tried different controllers, headsets and consoles just to keep having the same problem. No troubleshooting has helped & no Microsoft customer...
  5. Headset picks up as a controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset picks up as a controller: So It Seems I'm The Only Person With This Issue So I'm Gonna Make A New Discussion. So Only With Games Like Apex And Persona 5 I Try And Launch The Game But Once I'm At The Start Menu It Won't Let...
  6. After buying a Used controller to replace one of the same type, my headset can only pick up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After buying a Used controller to replace one of the same type, my headset can only pick up...: So, recently i had a problem with Controller Drift. I didnt feel like going out to get it fix due to Covid and such, so i bought a used controller of the same exact type (Volcanic Ash or something...
  7. Headset won't pick up game chat, but picks up party chat just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won't pick up game chat, but picks up party chat just fine.: As the title says. It seems to be ALL my games as well and not just one specific game. I dont know if it was the latest update or what, but i hope i can get some help with this soon! Its hard to...
  8. Kama headset mic wont pick up sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kama headset mic wont pick up sound: when i switch the mute button back an forth on the wire it showes im talkin for a breef second but when i talk no one can hear me i can hear them n i googled it you tubed it i even took it a part...
  9. Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset: I was enjoying a game with a friend, both of us using our mics and hearing each other perfectly fine in the in-game voice chat. I started to suffer connecting issues and restarted my router. I...
  10. Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.: So i've had this problem before like 3 months ago where im talking with my friends and suddenly my mic just stops picking up sound. I can hear people talking to me but i cant reply, all the other...