Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

Discus and support Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BuzzWoody17, Jun 10, 2019.

1. BuzzWoody17
    BuzzWoody17 Guest

Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains.

:)

BuzzWoody17, Jun 10, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day,

There are numerous posts on this forum about this issue. Pretty sure if you use the search function you will find the answer. Try "Solution to Headset showing Mute on Screen" or just "Headset".
  3. WinterMink68339 Win User

Hi XBF George,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a Sades SA-810 headset and we tried it on two controllers. We also tried the headset that came with the Xbox One on both controllers (plugged directly into the controllers with no adapter) but it made no difference. The headset doesn't have any batteries
    and we've already updated the controller.

Any other suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Thanks
  4. jerbear30ky Win User

its a issue that headsets isnt working right with xbox one microsoft knows about it they dont know how to fix it only way i know how is go to settings display and sound and assign it to your profile or hard reset your profile hold your power
    button for 10 secs
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

If it's happening with any game you play, then check your Party settings and make sure that you haven't accidentally muted yourself. If it's only with one game, you can check the in-game settings, as some games have settings for party or chat and you might
    be muted there as well.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Hey man it sounds like you may need to your chat mixer and unmute yourself
Thema:

1. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen - Similar Threads - Headset working muted

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. Headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working: I have a xbox Wireless headset this headset.Let's you change from hearing.Sound loud to quiet on the right side of the headset and only here games found and the only Here party sound on the left...
  4. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  5. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  6. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  7. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  8. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  9. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...: My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of. afd660d5-1449-4ca1-b47e-109edb9562cc
  10. Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work: When I activate this setting, and go back it doesn’t remember it. When I open Additional Options again, it is unchecked. I’m using the Xbox Wireless Headset and my speakers are connected via...