Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

Discus and support Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LionHeart_pt, Apr 26, 2024.

1. LionHeart_pt
    LionHeart_pt Guest

Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C cable to the back of the controller and then the 3.5mm audio jack. I have audio but the microphone doesn't work. I tried installing/uninstalling the drivers/device but nothing. I have 2 identical Xbox series X controllers and the situation is the same. My son has Windows 11 installed on his computer and everything works fine.

I tried to connect the headset directly to the computer using the audio jack and the microphone jack and I have audio and microphone.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700K 3.40 GHz

Installed RAM 32,0 GB (31,7 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 23H2

Installed on ‎08/‎04/‎2024

OS build 22631.3447

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

Thanks

:)

LionHeart_pt, Apr 26, 2024
  2. AMSteen Win User

X box one controller

Xbox gamepads do not have a microphone in it.
    Yes I know the controller doesn't have a microphone it's when the microphone headset is connected to the controller.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Xbox One Controller 3.5mm Mic doesn't work on Windows 10

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

In Windows Sound Settings and Discord Voice Settings, have you selected Headset Microphone to be the default input?

I tested it with my controller on Windows 11 but connected with a cable and it worked perfectly.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

Hello, David my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration with your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset not having microphone monitoring working on your Xbox Series X. It's important to troubleshoot further before assuming hardware failure.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the microphone monitoring issue on your Xbox Series X:

Update your Xbox and headset:

Xbox: Ensure your Xbox Series X is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.
    Headset: Download and install the latest firmware update for your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset through the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app.

Double-check your settings:

Xbox:
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset.
    Ensure "Microphone" is enabled and adjust the "Microphone monitoring" level to your preferred setting.
    Headset:
    Check the headset's audio controls for any mute buttons or volume adjustments that might be affecting the microphone.

Test your microphone:

Use the built-in microphone test feature on your Xbox to ensure your microphone is working properly. Go to Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select your headset and choose "Test microphone."

Disconnect and reconnect your headset:

Turn off your Xbox Series X and completely unplug your headset.
    Wait for a minute, then plug your headset back in and turn on your Xbox.

Try a different controller or headset:

If possible, try using a different controller or headset to see if the microphone monitoring issue persists. This can help you isolate the problem to your headset or controller.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Update: Regarding issue #2 (Headaet adapter issues while connecting Xbox One controller to Windows 10 PC for streaming)

I discovered that:

1) The headset adapter is just treated like an additional headphone and microphone under the Windows audio settings.

2) To select which microphone to use (e.g. PC mic or microphone attached to Headset Adapter), set the desired microphone as your default device by right clicking volume/speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and click "Recording devices."

3) Odd behavior or malfunctions (e.g. headet microphone not working when streaming to Wkndows 10) may occur when there are too many USB plugged into the computer, causing insufficient USB controller resources.

When I plugged the Xbox One controller directly into my Surface Pro 2, the microphone automatically worked fine. When I docked my Surface Pro 2 into its docking station and plugged the Xbox One controller into the docking station's USB port, my headset adapter/Stereo
    Headset's microphone was recognized, but the decibel meter would not detect any sound when spoken into. Occasionally, I would receive a "insufficient USB controller resources" error. This could also be an issue related to connecting the Xbox One controller
    to a USB hub.

Regarding issue #1 (headset adapter/stereo headset's microphone not working on Xbox One after disconnecting from streaming), I will see if I experience it again to isolate the issue.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Hello Jake,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay from my end because I was away from work.

If we may ask, can you tell us the type of Xbox Controller you are using and the make and model of your headset? The reason why we are asking this question is for us to identify if the cause of the issue is due to compatibility. Since the microphone icon is having an "X" marked, this would mean that the headset microphone is not detected or it is not compatible in your Xbox controller. To help fix this concern, we are going to share to you the compatible headsets or headphones so it can detect or use your microphone. If possible, try using the recommended headsets provided in the link below:

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

Thema:

1. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Headset microphone doesn't

2. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  3. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  4. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  5. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  7. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  8. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...
  9. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  10. Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...: I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth to my PC. I found out that to use the Xbox...