Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Discus and support Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset mic cannot transmit my voice but I can hear others. Have tried trouble shooting to no avail. What to try next?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KickAzzNChewGum, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Headset mic cannot transmit my voice but I can hear others. Have tried trouble shooting to no avail. What to try next?

:)

KickAzzNChewGum, Dec 31, 2016
  2. sirtra
    sirtra Guest
    No way to test mic is working on a controller headset other than chatting to someone?

I can't seem to find any way to test whether the mic on my xbox one controller headset is working or not, well other than actually trying to talk to someone via live that is which isn't very practical to narrow down the cause.

There doesn't appear to be a 'test' type feature under the settings area with say a VU meter which if i recall correctly the 360 had.

There doesn't appear to be a way of sending a voice message to someone, which again if i recall correctly the 360 had and as it had a play-recording-before-sending feature it could be used merely for testing a mic.

I've looked through help/support and there seems to be hardly any mentions of the mic other than the chat mixer, mute button etc.

Am i simply failing to find an existing tool/feature to easily test if the mic is working or is it simply that Microsoft has failed to identify/add this rather simple yet useful missing tool/feature?

sirtra, Dec 31, 2016
  3. Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

i have the XO 4 headset from turtle beach and the mic doesn't work even the mic that game with my headset isn't working

DRAGONSKULL273, Dec 31, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.