Headset doesn't work if auto-sign in

Discus and support Headset doesn't work if auto-sign in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this problem since launch but basically if Kinect automatically signs into my profile my headset doesn't work. If I sign in to my profile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fernandez20, Mar 6, 2014.

1. fernandez20
    fernandez20 Guest

I have had this problem since launch but basically if Kinect automatically signs into my profile my headset doesn't work.

If I sign in to my profile manually then the headset works perfect.

I have tried it with different power settings etc but nothing works. Anyone aware of a fix for this or the reason for it happening??

:)

fernandez20, Mar 6, 2014
  2. Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I have found that if Kinect signs me in, my headset sometimes won't work. If I go to the dashboard and select my character to sign in and select 'Choose this person', my headset begins working right away. It seems like when signing in with Kinect, the
    xbox one doesn't always know which controller you are using.

It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, this method always seems to work.

Karen

Slow GIN Fizz, Mar 6, 2014
  3. XBOX360 SIGN IN DOESN'T WORK!!!

Dear XBOX360, for two weeks now I have NOT been able to sign into my XBOX Live account on my XBOX360. The chat agents just lie and say "oh xbox is having an issue right now, try later..." Listen... 1st: I still want to use my xbox360 for various
    things. 2nd: I've been an xbox gold member FOR YEARS. This is unacceptable. I did not pay hundreds of dollars for the system AND THE GAMES, and A GOLD ACCOUNT to NOT be able to use it or get PROPER ASSISTANCE. The issue probably has been going
    on longer than 2 weeks, but I didn't know b/c I hadn't been using it.

It's a shame I have to come here to complain about it, b/c I can't get ANY HELP otherwise. Please FIX THIS!!!

Your truly,

Angry customer / user.

RevolutionPhily, Mar 6, 2014
  4. Slow GIN Fizz Win User

Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I have found that if Kinect signs me in, my headset sometimes won't work. If I go to the dashboard and select my character to sign in and select 'Choose this person', my headset begins working right away. It seems like when signing in with Kinect, the
    xbox one doesn't always know which controller you are using.

It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, this method always seems to work.

Karen
  5. AYT on Xbox Win User

Headset doesn't work

Maybe try hitting the mute button off on the mic. Then turn the controller off. Once doing this then unplug the mic cored from the controller. Then wait 30 secs and then re plug it back in and turn the controller. Hope that helps and if not check your voice
    options.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Headset doesn't work

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. As the Ambassador previously stated it would be best to try and update the headset following the instructions through the link they posted. If you need to update the headset via the PC you may need to plug the headset
    into the PC.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  7. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Headset doesn't work

Yes, when you connect the headset to the PC with the app pulled up it will locate any updates needed for the headset.
  8. blueamcat Win User

Headset doesn't work

Hey there! I think it depends on the headset. Which headsets do you have? And have you updated your controllers while they are plugged in?
Thema:

1. Headset doesn't work if auto-sign in - Similar Threads - Headset doesn't auto

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  4. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  5. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  6. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is...
  7. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...
  8. Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.: As the post says. Xbox game audio does not work on my TV but works on my headset. All other audio works perfectly fine. When I go to the menu I hear the menu sounds and the clicking sounds. But...
  9. Xbox doesn't see headset mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't see headset mic: Today I bought a headset Hyperx cloud alpha , plug it into my Xbox controller and sound was good until I understood that my mic doesn't work (but if you connect headphones to other devices, the...
  10. My In built chat mixer on headset doesn't work on laptop when using a Bluetooth connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    My In built chat mixer on headset doesn't work on laptop when using a Bluetooth connection: I've got a Steelseries Actis 9x Headset and a windows 11 laptop. Obviously, when using the headset with my Xbox one, the inbuilt chat mixer works as intended by switching from game volume to...