Headset does not play game audio. Help.

Discus and support Headset does not play game audio. Help. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a headset (uPlay I think) and from the day I bought it it has been fine. It played audio from both the party I was in and the game I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by allareesmithers, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Headset does not play game audio. Help.

I have a headset (uPlay I think) and from the day I bought it it has been fine. It played audio from both the party I was in and the game I was playing. Great. This past week or two it has stopped. It still plays the party audio but when I'm in a party it
    never plays the game. I have to turn my TV up and even then the audio is confusing for me.

To clarify let's say I'm playing overwatch and I turn down my TV (like normal) if I'm in a party I cannot hear anything from the game. Only the voices in the party. I don't know what's going on but it's the same with every app. Even YouTube. The only different
    thing I've done lately is plug it into my desktop computer to record a voiceover. Can I have some help?

:)

allareesmithers, Jan 7, 2018
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Head phone

Hey RedFoxx,

You are correct. The headset is just for chat audio, it does not play game or system audio through that earpiece.

MisterFizzle, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Hellhog
    Hellhog Guest
    Turtle Beach X12 No Audio on TV

Here is another post that I wrote up earlier but didn't post:

Ok, I'm a little confused. Just to be sure, what is not working when:

1. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is directly connected to the TV?

2. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is only connected to the Headset?

3. Does the game audio work through the headset when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and Headset?

4. Does the game audio work through the TV when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and headset?

Note, the headset contains two different audio channels, when connected to the controller, you are receieving the Chat channel, when connected to the Xbox you are receiving the Game audio (the same that would go through the TV). The settings on the Xbox are
    for Chat audio only. That should be set to headset only for when using the headset, this will cause game audio to play through both the TV and Headset while Chat audio through the headset only, if set to both game audio remains the same but Chat audio will
    play through both, and of course of set to speakers then game audio will still play through both but chat audio will play only through the TV. Ideally, this should be set to headset only especially when using the X12.

As for the issues with sound, if it is your TV not producing the sound, check the settings on the TV. Make sure the connections are appropriate. You said you are using Composite, that means the standard Yellow video cable should be connected and the Red and
    White audio cables need to be connected to the corresponding audio for that Video cable. Some TVs, such as my family's still strong Tube TV have 3 auxiliary sources all of which use the Composite Yellow Video cable. Make sure, if you have multiple inputs for
    video, that the audio cables are connected to the correct coresponding source. For example, your TV may have Video 1 and Video 2 but if the video is connected to Video 1 and the audio to Video 2, then you will receive only Video when on Video 1 and only Audio
    when on Video 2.

I'm sorry if any of this is redundant or obvious for you but the first part of this message (the 4 questions above) will better help me in assisting you further. Otherwise I'm slightly confused as to what your second post is saying. As a note, when I say game
    audio, test out a game to be sure. Check to make sure volume is on on devices as well.

Hellhog, Jan 7, 2018
  4. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest

Do you plug the headset straight in to the controller or are you using the headset adapter?

CrazY1985, Jan 7, 2018
  5. Yes i plug it directly into the controller.

allareesmithers, Jan 7, 2018
  6. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Please make sure that the sound levels are setup right and the game sound isn't turned down Headset does not play game audio. Help. :)

CrazY1985, Nov 2, 2018
  7. CrazY1985 Win User

Please make sure that the sound levels are setup right and the game sound isn't turned down :)
  8. allareesmithers Win User

Do you plug the headset straight in to the controller or are you using the headset adapter?
    Yes i plug it directly into the controller.
  9. CrazY1985 Win User

10. MisterFizzle Win User

Head phone

Hey RedFoxx,

You are correct. The headset is just for chat audio, it does not play game or system audio through that earpiece.
  11. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360: Audio playing through TV not headset

The Xbox 360 controller does not support game audio to be played through the controller's audio port.

The audio port is only built for headset voice chat.
Thema:

1. Headset does not play game audio. Help. - Similar Threads - Headset does play

2. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  5. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  6. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  7. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  8. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  9. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  10. Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?: Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices, can you please certify more devices? It's a shame how few new headset models have support for xbox, of course they all work with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones not playing game audio xbox

2. xbox razer thresher audio headset no audio not working