Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4

Discus and support Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have Astro a40s with mixamp pro. I have been using them on my Xbox one for over a year with no problem. a few months ago i started playing my ps4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HEROxGoelden, Oct 10, 2016.

1. HEROxGoelden
    HEROxGoelden Guest

Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4

i have Astro a40s with mixamp pro. I have been using them on my Xbox one for over a year with no problem. a few months ago i started playing my ps4 instead and my Astros still worked fine On ps4. Yesterday I got on Xbox one for the first time since and
    now i can hear game sound, but if my headset is plugged into the controller (with chat adapter) I can't hear party or game chat and when I talk my pile doesn't pick it up at all. Yet if I unplug it from my controller I can hear voice chat but still can't talk.
    Any help what so ever?? I tried a new chat adapter, and retried it on ps4 and it still works there. any help??

:)

HEROxGoelden, Oct 10, 2016
  2. kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players

I've also tried using multiple headsets and it has the same problem... If only one headset is plugged into a controller... the mic and chat works fine (~90% of the time). If both are plugged in, I can't rarely hear people and neither of the microphones will
    work. If I unplug one mic, it's 50/50 whether the other will start working...

dankindDotCom, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Do wireless Beats by Dre work on a X-1

only if you can connect an aux cord into the headset which would plug into the controller headset adapter

LamaBraveheart, Oct 10, 2016
  4. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest

Try updating the controller. If it's been a few months since you've used the Xbox with the headset, there have been updates for accessories like the controller that have rolled out. Grab a USB cable and read below:

1. connect the headset to the controller correctly with the chat adaptor

2. connect the controller to the console via USB

3. head to your settings menu by double tapping the guide button and selecting "settings"

4. go to the bottom of the list and select accessories

5. click update and wait patiently for it to finish. (shouldn't take more than a few minutes)

That should fix your problem. Let me know how it goes!

MattyMidway, Oct 11, 2016
  5. HEROxGoelden
    HEROxGoelden Guest
    Tried that. Already up to date.

HEROxGoelden, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MattyMidway Win User

Try updating the controller. If it's been a few months since you've used the Xbox with the headset, there have been updates for accessories like the controller that have rolled out. Grab a USB cable and read below:

1. connect the headset to the controller correctly with the chat adaptor

2. connect the controller to the console via USB

3. head to your settings menu by double tapping the guide button and selecting "settings"

4. go to the bottom of the list and select accessories

5. click update and wait patiently for it to finish. (shouldn't take more than a few minutes)

That should fix your problem. Let me know how it goes!
  7. HEROxGoelden Win User

Tried that. Already up to date.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

Headset issues

Hi RKee8134,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Have you invited the other profile you are trying to split screen with to a party chat or are you try to chat through game chat?

Do both headsets work fine on either controller when it's the only one plugged in?

Does the issue occur on either controller when you swap the headsets to see if the issue only occurs once you plug in a second headset?

When the issue occurs of not hearing audio on the controller where the headset is assigned is there a mute icon on the corner of the screen in your dashboard?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
  9. dankindDotCom Win User

kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players

I've also tried using multiple headsets and it has the same problem... If only one headset is plugged into a controller... the mic and chat works fine (~90% of the time). If both are plugged in, I can't rarely hear people and neither of the microphones will
    work. If I unplug one mic, it's 50/50 whether the other will start working...
  10. RghtHandOfG0D Win User

XBox One headset adaptor - I get NO chat audio

Weird turn of events. So out of desperation, I unplugged the xbox one adapter cord, and plugged in the ear bud headset that comes with the ps4 straight to the xbox one headset adapter. And for the first time, I could control the chat volume with the plus
    and minus signs, I could click the other buttons on the adapter and they would work as well, and could hear them talking. Granted I still couldn't talk back to them. When I plug back the cord that came with the xbox one adapter, it's back to nothing on the
    adapter working, volume up and down, etc and still not hearing them.

So if that is the case, wouldn't that point me in the direction of a faulty cord from Microsoft?
Thema:

1. Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4 - Similar Threads - Headset hear chat

2. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  3. Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...: Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio any advice I have turtle beach recon 50x.? beacf63e-6d97-4866-989c-c8fe689055a7
  4. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  5. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...
  6. My Headset Chat Mixer is greyed out and all I can hear is party audio I don’t know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Headset Chat Mixer is greyed out and all I can hear is party audio I don’t know what to do: So I went to play Xbox and I plugged in my headset and all I hear is chat audio while all my game audio is coming out of my tv I tried messing with my audio settings and got nowhere...
  7. headset chat mixer is greyed cant hear my game or music

in XBoX on Windows
    headset chat mixer is greyed cant hear my game or music: everytime i plug in my earbuds it says connected and when i go to headset chat mixer its greyed 4051daa8-c184-4097-8d87-633f85fb3a14
  8. My headset chat mixer is grayed out and I cannot hear anything related to games or just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My headset chat mixer is grayed out and I cannot hear anything related to games or just...: This started 2 days ago and I’ve watched all the YouTube videos I could find and none of them helped me. I even looked at some old discussions in this problem and nothing seems to fix my problem....
  9. Is there a way to hear Fortnite party chat through headset and tv?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way to hear Fortnite party chat through headset and tv?: My son play Fortnite on Xbox One. We can hear party chat through the headset and tv when he is in an xbox party. But to talk to friends on other consoles when he plays Fornite you have to leave...
  10. Razer Kaira Pro Wireless headset can't hear friends in party chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Razer Kaira Pro Wireless headset can't hear friends in party chat: Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I bought a Razer Kaira Pro Wireless headset for Xbox one and it is a good headset but there is a problem. When I try and play with friends and join...