Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...

Discus and support Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is something they should have fixed long ago, thanks for costing me more money microsoft that's two mics of mine that don't work because they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HEAVY501, Jun 22, 2014.

1. HEAVY501
    HEAVY501 Guest

Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...

This is something they should have fixed long ago, thanks for costing me more money microsoft that's two mics of mine that don't work because they didn't fix something that they easily could have. Maybe i should change to playstation, i never hear of these
    problems from people who have them.

:)

HEAVY501, Jun 22, 2014
  2. Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic works!

Hello all,

I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago. My mic stopped picking up my voice, but Xbox detected the mic and played back voice through the headset.

I tried the mic on two different controllers and it wouldn't work on either. Xbox detects the mic, but it won't record any voice. So I went out and bought a brand new $20 headset - NO LUCK. The new headset doesn't work on either controller. Once again, Xbox
    detects the mic and I can hear my friends through the headset but the mic won't pickup my voice.

My privacy settings are fine and my Kinect mic works. What in the heck is going on here? This is driving me insane!

nub whisperer, Jun 22, 2014
  3. NellyLaChula
    NellyLaChula Guest
    Mic won't work

I've had my xbox for a few months and my mic on my headset won't work...I can hear my friends through headset but they can't hear me...

NellyLaChula, Jun 22, 2014
  4. VoodooGTS Win User

Can I output users voice to the TV?

I do not want kinect as my mic. i want to use my headset mic for my voice and and hear peoples voice through my TV speakers.
  5. VoodooGTS Win User

How do I use voice chat over my TV rather than through the head set?

I do not want kinect as my mic. i want to use my headset mic for my voice and and hear peoples voice through my TV speakers.
  6. xMrsSwainx Win User

New mic cuts in and out while in party but sounds clear in voice messaging

My controller has full bars when I look at the battery life. :( it's not the headset cuz I tried using a standard Xbox headset and it still was cutting out. I can hear everyone else. My friends say my mic is still cutting in and out. When I send voice messages
    my voice is clear and the mic doesn't cut in and out. This is really frustrating!!
  7. Viruselete Win User

Mic not working

I am using a standard 3.5 cellphone headset. The console detects the headset as being connected and if I test the mic using game settings (COD MODERN WARFARE) the indicator shows it is picking up voice. However in game no-one can hear me and the mic icon
    indicating a voice also does not display when I talk. This is for gamechat. Party chat is not an option as the other members uses other platforms. The headset/mic works ona cell phone and on a pc so the headset itself is not faulty. I have tried various settings
    changes and console updates as well as controller updates as specified on a Google search results to no avail
  8. Viruselete Win User

Mic not working

I am using a standard 3.5 cellphone headset. The console detects the headset as being connected and if I test the mic using game settings (COD MODERN WARFARE) the indicator shows it is picking up voice. However in game no-one can hear me and the mic icon
    indicating a voice also does not display when I talk. This is for gamechat. Party chat is not an option as the other members uses other platforms. The headset/mic works ona cell phone and on a pc so the headset itself is not faulty. I have tried various settings
    changes and console updates as well as controller updates as specified on a Google search results to no avail
Thema:

1. Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ... - Similar Threads - Headset hear friends

2. How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s: How can I talk and hear people without actually having to wear a headset on Xbox series as digital I was playing Madden and I could hear the guy talking through my TV and he didn't have a headset...
  3. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  6. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  7. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  8. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  9. How to use mic and headset on xbox cloud to hear friends on PlayStation or pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use mic and headset on xbox cloud to hear friends on PlayStation or pc?: I’m using xbox cloud on my samsung tv. I have a razor head plugged into my controller but can’t hear the game or friends. Am I able to use the headset on the cloud with controller?...
  10. Why is my headset causing friends to hear a echo while it's muted?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my headset causing friends to hear a echo while it's muted?: My headset causes my friends in party chat to hear a echo even when it is muted. I have tried multiple different controllers and headsets and the problem persists....