Headset audio troubleshooting

Discus and support Headset audio troubleshooting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Currently I’m having an issue on my series X where all of my headphones have choppy audio that cuts in and out when playing games, navigating the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andrew Hall5, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Andrew Hall5
    Andrew Hall5 Guest

Hi,

Currently I’m having an issue on my series X where all of my headphones have choppy audio that cuts in and out when playing games, navigating the Home Screen, watching video, pretty much all the time.

I use an elite controller series 2, and I’ve tried using the controller that came with my series x, and a separate controller, and had the same issue. Not only is it an issue on my razor kraken headset, and my steel series arctis 9 wireless (which has it even worse) but also all other headsets I’ve tried with it.

I turned off Dolby atmos, and tried playing on windows sonic and stereo uncompressed, which made it a little better but not by much. I’ve tried everything I can think of short of resetting the console, and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Andrew Hall5, Apr 3, 2024
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adjusting Party Chat Volume

Hi there Ka Kase,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with audio settings for a headset.

In order to receive the audio settings through the Xbox, you will need to plug in the headset to the controller. Once you connect the headset to the controller you will be able to change any audio settings such as the Party chat volume. Unfortunately, when
    you connect the headset to the tv you will only receive the audio from the TV.

Check out these articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Switch from headset to TV speaker

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Audio do Grupo / Jogo[Translation-Group Audio / Game]

Hi Noleto,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issue with audio. We recommend going over the

stereo headset troubleshooter
    . This has steps to adjust for loud audio.

Note Not all headsets are compatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

This could be why you are not seeing the audio section.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

audio button

Hi Deathstroke,

The audio button does not show up for all headsets. Mainly the ones it will not show up for are third party headsets. For example, I have two different ear buds I use. One shows up with audio, the other does not and they both work in my controller. If you
    are unable to hear any sound, go to the Xbox settings under display and sound select audio output headset audio set to stereo uncompressed, along with HDMI and Optical audio. Under Volume make sure the party chat is set to headset. Other than this there is
    no other options except updating controller with headset plugged in. Here is guide for

troubleshooting headsets

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

audio button

Hey there DEATHSROKE 6000,

The audio button should appear once you have a headset plugged in. If your headset is already plugged in and you still do not see an audio button then this means that your headset is not being recognized by the controller.

Take a look at the following support article to help troubleshoot this issue.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
Thema:

1. Headset audio troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Headset audio troubleshooting

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  4. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  5. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  6. Is there a way to make your headset audio louder in one ear?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to make your headset audio louder in one ear?: I’m half deaf in my left ear, and when I’m playing games that have directional audio (like COD for example) I can’t tell if sounds are in front of me or to the left because they sound the same to...
  7. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  8. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  9. No audio on my Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio on my Xbox Wireless Headset: Hi! I wanted to play on my Xbox but the audio didnt play. PC didnt work, same goes for phone. I have tried all these steps. Just doesnt seem to work! Can someone very smart help me?...
  10. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...