Headset audio not working despite numerous changes

Discus and support Headset audio not working despite numerous changes in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A while ago i purchased xbox live to play games online with friends. It went well for a decent bit until i noticed that my audio would cut out not only... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GingerLettuce55, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Headset audio not working despite numerous changes

A while ago i purchased xbox live to play games online with friends. It went well for a decent bit until i noticed that my audio would cut out not only from my headset (this includes game and chat audio) and my earbuds as well. I tolerated this for a bit
    but i finally budged and bought a new headset, which i thought would potentially fix the issue. It didn't. The audio still cut out. I was annoyed at this point but i figured whatever it's probably the controller, considering i plug everything into it. So i
    bought a new wireless controller. It worked well for a few days, the audio from my new turtle beach headset was very solid and i had no communication issues with my friends.Then today i get online and my headset went completing off the wall, it gave off this
    sharp sound in my ear and completely ruined our game. So I'm completely at a loss, i don't know if this is a system issue, an internet issue, or something i'm doing wrong, but nonetheless i'm 100 dollars shorter and growing increasingly frustrated.

(the new headset and controller seem to have no issues when playing an offline game)

:)

GingerLettuce55, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Plantronics audio 995 wireless headset connection

Anyone know how to get the XBox to channel audio to this wireless headset? Headset works fine with my PC and shows it is paired when the USB is connected to the XBox. Now audio though. Preferences set to audio in both headset and speakers and for headset
    only. Not working either way. Any help is appreciated.

mountainrager1, Jun 5, 2018
  3. xobx stereo headset adapter on PC

I have an older xbox one controller with no audio jack. I use it on a windows 10 PC. I purchased the stereo headset adapter however mic audio is not working. The PC sees both a headset and mic and I can hear audio through the headset. Mic audio seems as
    if it's muted. I have tried multiple headsets, the controller was updated on my friends Xbox One but still get no audio. Chat rep said there's no mic audio at this time but it's coming soon? Is this true? Anyone else have an adapter and is it working normally?

Thanks!

PreachedGem8387, Jun 5, 2018
  4. SeanTheKing87 Win User

Headset audio output

The tv has audio output and the headset is connects. the audio comes through the headset just fine when it is on a regular television channel, as soon as I switch to HDMI the audio stops though, despite the fact that nothing has changed between the headset-tv
    connection. It's as if when I switch the television to HDMI, the output jacks just cease to function
  5. jarrodbowerman Win User

Headset makes a high pitch static sound and nothing I do fixes it

I’ve changed the audio settings and even removed the headset mic from the headset but that doesn’t work
  6. ObsessedPirate1 Win User

hdmi output greyed out

the trouble shooting says if the "using HDMI or optical audio headset" is unchecked I can change the speaker audio but that didn't work.
  7. Lighthammer34 Win User

Tritton AX720 compatibility?

It definetly doesn't work on the Xbox One, despite the above comment, no sound at all not matter what audio setting you change it too.
  8. Jacob Whitehill Win User

Xbox Series S crackling audio

One "fix" I found it "works" is chaging the out output to mono. It stops the crackling sounds, but the audio quality is compromised.
    i dont know if this is still going but i just ran into this problem with my headset and i changed hdmi audio to "stereo uncompressed" same with headset format audio and now it is crystal clear!
Thema:

Headset audio not working despite numerous changes

1. Headset audio not working despite numerous changes - Similar Threads - Headset audio working

2. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  3. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  4. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  5. Headset audio suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset audio suddenly stopped working: Hi, So recently I bought a HyperX Cloud S 7.1 Gaming Headset around 2 weeks ago for my Windows 11 Laptop. However today I left it along with my HP laptop to go eat lunch. Which the audio...
  6. Headset audio not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio not working: I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger and whenever I plug it into my controller, no audio plays through the headphones. My mic works and I can talk to my friends but I can’t hear them. Everything is set...
  7. Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10: FAQ page for the product says that Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does work on Windows when connected using Xbox dongle. On any of my devices it does not work, in any game or chat. On my...
  8. Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.: As the post says. Xbox game audio does not work on my TV but works on my headset. All other audio works perfectly fine. When I go to the menu I hear the menu sounds and the clicking sounds. But...
  9. Headset audio won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio won't work: I have the xbox wireless headset and it's Been falling apart but now the sound won't work it will work on other devices just not on my Xbox one and when I look at the audio settings it shows the...
  10. Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work: Looking for help trying to fix my headset issue.. I've tried 3 controllers and two different headsets and the issue is still occurring. I can hear game chat as well as xbox live party chat,...