headset audio help !!

Discus and support headset audio help !! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i plugged my xbox into my TV and the game audio was coming out of the speakers but the xbox party chat only came through my headset, which i didn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonathan Cervantes1, Sep 19, 2023.

1. headset audio help !!

i plugged my xbox into my TV and the game audio was coming out of the speakers but the xbox party chat only came through my headset, which i didn’t like so i plugged the xbox back into my monitor which has no speakers and i’ve never had this issue before but now the audio i hear from my headset is only the xbox chat and not the game audio, i can’t figure out how to make all the audio go to my headset

:)

Jonathan Cervantes1, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.

Hi, Dakota my name is Jhon and will be a pleasure help you.

When you plug in your headset into your controller, the audio is directed to both the TV and the headset 1. If you want to hear the audio only through your headset, you can adjust the audio settings on your Xbox One console. Here’s how you can do it:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Under Headset audio, select Headset.

Under Speaker audio, select Do nothing.

This will ensure that the audio is only directed to your headset and not the TV.

If you want to hear the audio through both the TV and the headset, you can adjust the volume of your TV to your desired level

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hear voice chat through headphones - Series X

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Thrasher585, usually this type of configuration is in the options: Settings»Audio output and Volume»Auto-speaking audio, if it is marked in gray is because the headset is connected, disconnect the hedset and the HDMI audio output put in Headset Format and in the Headset Audio setting put Windows Sonic if you do not use Dolby Atmos etc.
  4. THE HIDDEN GRID Win User

Help : Headset/audio

for my headset i can talk but only here thrue my tv so i got the Turtle Beach headset insted
  5. chilli1327 Win User

Help : Headset/audio

Just get a half decent Media Receiver, one has inputs and outputs for tv and audio, then you can hook up and have just your headphones working for the sound.
  6. Cliff A. Win User

headset audio help !!

Hi Jonathan Cervantes1

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your Xbox game audio. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

Based on the information you provided, it seems like the audio settings on your Xbox might have been changed. To find other possible options to this, you can try to look up on these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Go to the System tab (gear icon) and select Settings.

3. Select General, then Volume & audio output.

4. Under Headset audio, make sure that Headset mic and Headset volume are both turned up.

5. Under Speaker audio, select HDMI audio or Optical audio, depending on how your Xbox is connected to your monitor.

6. Make sure that the volume is turned up for both Speaker audio and Headset audio.

If the steps above does not make and difference or if issue stays the same. You can also try resetting your Xbox audio settings to their default values. And here are some steps that you can try as well:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Go to the System tab (gear icon) and select Settings.

3. Select General, then Volume & audio output.

4. Press and hold the A button and the E button on your controller at the same time until you hear a beep.

5. Your Xbox audio settings will now be reset to their default values.

In addition to this, if ever you are using an Xbox Series X|S Console. You can also try this as well if this might be an efficient help:

By enabling Audio Passthrough, here are some steps on how to enable it:

• Press the Xbox Button on your controller to open the Guide Menu.
    • Go to Profile and System
    • Then select Settings > General > Volume and Audio Output > Additional Options > Allow Passthrough

You can try all of these steps for any possible differences on your game audio. And for additional advice, if you have a spare controller or headset to try on connecting onto your Xbox Console that may do but if any case issue do still persist. Perhaps there might be a need to update some Firmware Updates on your controller or possible there might be possible issues on your headset alone. You can just try it as well since we are trying to point out some possible options that we can do.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

headset audio help !!

1. headset audio help !! - Similar Threads - headset audio help

2. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  3. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  4. please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...

in XboX Insiders
    please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...: I have followed all "how to" videos and step by step guides online with Dolby etc. Please help! submitted by /u/RagedImp [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox series X audio help from turtle beach recon 70 headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X audio help from turtle beach recon 70 headset: Hello I don’t know if this would be the right place to ask but I have the turtle beach recon 70 headphones and whenever I play I use them (obviously) but I’m only able to use them with the current...
  6. Can anyone help me disable my headset audio?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help me disable my headset audio?: Hello, I plug my bose headphones directly into my monitor, and use the basic Xbox headset as a mic when gaming. Haven't had a problem until a little while ago, when my my chat volume began to...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset reducing audio - please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset reducing audio - please help!: Not sure if I'm just missing a setting somewhere to fix this but it's kind of driving me nuts. Obviously one of the most anticipated features for this headset was the ability to connect to the...
  8. Choppy Audio on headset, regardless of controller or headset, any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Audio on headset, regardless of controller or headset, any help?: I have the white Xbox One (about 3 years old) and over the last 5-7 months I have had constant audio issues when I use headsets. Ive tried 5 new wireless controllers, 3 different wired headsets,...
  9. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...: So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I get needs in order to support the new 3D...
  10. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?: Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it and now have a new one. When the headset is...