Headset adaptor stuck on mute

Discus and support Headset adaptor stuck on mute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've googled this and the common response is to update the controller. I've done this and it hasn't worked. I know it's the adaptor that is at fault... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dwayne Dibley, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Headset adaptor stuck on mute

I've googled this and the common response is to update the controller. I've done this and it hasn't worked. I know it's the adaptor that is at fault because I have 2 of these and the other one works on all headsets and controllers. Anyone else had this
    issue / know of a fix? Many thanks

:)

Dwayne Dibley, Apr 17, 2017
  2. Xbox one x stereo headset adaptor

Xbox one x controller with headset adaptor the adaptor is on mute all the time i have tryed to update controller but says controller is up to date

ShortCash372996, Apr 17, 2017
  3. NappyKevin
    NappyKevin Guest
    Xbox one stereo headset adapter

My Xbox one stereo headset adapter is stuck on mute and I have to update my controller with the adapter but it's still stuck on mute, any suggestions?

NappyKevin, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey Dwayne Dibley! If other controllers are working with a different adapter, you may need to replace the first adapter that is causing issues. You can do so
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey Dwayne Dibley! If other controllers are working with a different adapter, you may need to replace the first adapter that is causing issues. You can do so
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. XBA_Hype Win User

What should i do?

check out this link it should help you to get your headset working thanks -> Chat headset Setup

more than likely you just have it muted. if using the adaptor check you have not muted it there. if not you will need to check your audio settings and preference.
  7. Eakie 87 Win User

XBOX ONE Stereo Headset Static Problem....

I'm having the same issue with xo7s, also finding the max volume of the headset on the x1 is considerably lower if I plug the headset into my iphone. This again points to the Stereo adaptor. Microsoft need to fix this, but they seem to be taking their sweet
    time. So I'm now thinking that this is not a firmware issue but a hardware fault. I'm returning my adaptor with the beaches so I don't get stuck with a faulty adaptor.
  8. ShotgunGorilla Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset adapter not working

Do non of the newer xbox one pads take the adaptors? Im still using the xbox headphones that use an adaptor, my pads getting abit old and i'll need a new one. Not going to enjoy using the guide to adjust volume and mute/unmute. May be time for a new headset
    if thats the case!
  9. SullenMosquito Win User

headset stuck on mute

I've been using this headset without issue since last November, I even used it just last night, all of a sudden today it is on mute indefinitely. I've tried power cycling the xbox, tried power cycling my controller, I've tried everything on the forums for
    fixes. The only one I don't understand is the need for an update for my controller... What controller requires an update to be compatible with a headset I used just the night before that was designed for it? Why would it just become non-compatible overnight?
    Why wasn't the cord I need to update my controller included with my Xbox One if this is one of the troubleshooting options? Is it just assumed that I own a Usb to Micro Usb cord? There are so many questions that there are no answers to with this problem...
    I've never had to do an update for any Original Xbox controller, nor 360 controller in my life. They all plugged in and played just fine, the headsets were compatible, never required firmware updates, I'm just confused why this is even an issue that comes
    up in the first place. If there is a fix that doesn't involve me having to go out and purchase a cord that should have been included with the Xbox in the first place, I would love to hear it, otherwise that leaves no fix left as I have tried everything else.
Thema:

1. Headset adaptor stuck on mute - Similar Threads - Headset adaptor stuck

2. Usb adaptor for Headset and USB Hub work on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb adaptor for Headset and USB Hub work on Xbox One?: Will a USB hub work in Xbox One? Will it provide enough energy to my inputs? I need to connect my mouse n keyboard, generic usb controller, and external HDD, and other stuffs too. Since my...
  3. Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor: I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (not Bluetooth). The issue I'm...
  4. Turtle Beach Headset Adaptor not working with Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Headset Adaptor not working with Series X: Ive owned my Series X since December 2020 and so far all has been fine and working great. But suddenly today i accidentally spilt some milk on my controller and my adapter and now ive tried using...
  5. Xbox One S Headset adaptor stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Headset adaptor stopped working: I have just bought a new Xbox One S and new Xbox wired stereo headset and adaptor. The headset worked fine for about and hour then the mute symbol appeared on the screen. Now there is no sound...
  6. Headset Adaptor + Dolby Atmos for Headsets = No mic monitoring

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Adaptor + Dolby Atmos for Headsets = No mic monitoring: I’ve recently purchased Dolby Atmos for Headsets and have found that I don’t have the ability to adjust the mic monitoring levels whilst the headset is plugged into the headset adaptor. If you...
  7. Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...

in XboX Insiders
    Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...: This just started happening last night but either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few seconds then cut back in. I have an OG Xbox One and OG model of...
  8. My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.: It was working fine up until a few minutes ago, then I took the batteries out and placed new ones. When I turned on the controller again, the headset didn't connect so I tried clicking on the mute...
  9. PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue: I have an Stereo Headset adaptor plugged into my Elite 2 Controller. The Xbox Party Chat and Game audio all works fine. However for some reason the 'player' vs 'game' audio volume function on the...
  10. New headset with adaptor mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    New headset with adaptor mic not working: Hi. My son has a new headset with mic. It's all connected, with the headset showing on top right of screen. He can hear his friends but nobody can hear him. I've gone through reset still nothing....