Headphone problem (Xbox series S)

Discus and support Headphone problem (Xbox series S) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; “I’m having an issue with my Xbox Series S: when I plug headphones into the controller, the sound is low and muffled, as if underwater. I’ve already... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Virtual_County5902, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Headphone problem (Xbox series S)

“I’m having an issue with my Xbox Series S: when I plug headphones into the controller, the sound is low and muffled, as if underwater. I’ve already tested multiple headphones and controllers, checked the audio settings, updated the controller firmware, and reset the controller with no success. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to fix this?”

submitted by /u/Virtual_County5902
    [link] [comments]

/u/Virtual_County5902, Apr 29, 2024
  2. GusMF Win User

Xbox series S doesn't recognize headset/headphone.

Yes, as described (Power Reset).

I'm not using an adapter, but connecting directly to input P2 (bottom left).

On another Xbox Series S from a friend, my headphones worked.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Blake

I found this strange, Xbox series X/S controllers has the same 3.5mm jack connector as the Xbox one controllers

Why headphones do you have?
    Did you tried using a completely different headset to see if something similar happens?
    Or if you have another Xbox Series X/S controllers please try the headphones there
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

How to use Xbox Elite Series 2 audio jack while wirelessly connected to Win 10 PC?

Hi,

The 3.5mm headphone jack on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers (including Elite controllers) does not work when connected via Bluetooth. It will only work via USB or the official Xbox wireless adaptor.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X

Hello Carl,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, based on the information you have provided, it seems that the problem is related to the configuration of the headphones.

Your headset may not be set up correctly to use the microphone with your Xbox series X.

I've seen this problem before and there are a couple of things you can try to fix it:

Check that the headphones are updated with the latest firmware. You can download the latest firmware from the SteelSeries website.

Check that the headset is properly connected to the Xbox series X. Make sure the headset is turned on and in pairing mode.

Check your Xbox series X sound settings. Make sure your headset is selected as the audio input and output device.

Reset the headphones. You can reset the headphones by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Here are some specific steps you can try:

Update headset firmware

Go to the SteelSeries website.

Click the "Support" menu.

Click "Product Updates."

Look for the Arctis 9X headphones.

Click the "Download" button to download the latest firmware.

Once the firmware has downloaded, follow the installation instructions.

Check the headphone connection

Make sure the headphones are turned on.
    Press and hold the pairing button on the headphones for 5 seconds.

On Xbox series X, go to Settings > System > Accessories > Headphones & Microphones.

Select Arctis 9X headphones.

If the headphones are connected correctly, you will see a message that says "Connected."
    Check your sound settings

On Xbox series X, go to Settings > System > Accessories > Headphones & Microphones.
    Select Arctis 9X headphones.

In the "Audio input" section, make sure headphones are selected as the input device.

In the "Audio Output" section, make sure headphones are selected as the output device.

Reset the headphones

Press and hold the power button on the headphones for 10 seconds.

The headphones will turn off and then turn on again.

If you have tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can contact SteelSeries support. They can help you solve the problem.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-headset

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  6. SeymourBlood Win User

Issues Updating Controller with Turtle Beach X07 Headset

Oh I forgot I use Astro A50's so its not a headphone problem
Thema:

Headphone problem (Xbox series S)

1. Headphone problem (Xbox series S) - Similar Threads - Headphone problem series

2. Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues: Any pair of wireless headphones I connect to my Xbox one s, mainly my Razer Kaira, Connects, however no sound is heard, I’ve tried with multiple pairs of wireless headphones, and even cleaned my...
  3. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  4. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  5. My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk: My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk im on the controller Xbox accessory I’m looking trying to open up the volume. It keeps skipping past the volume to...
  6. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  7. Wireless headphones crackling and cutting out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphones crackling and cutting out: Hello! I have an Xbox Series X, and every few minutes, when using wireless headphones, the audio crackles and/or cuts in and out. This usually lasts between 10-30 seconds. I've tried multiple...
  8. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  9. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  10. Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem: One day one of my headphones had stopped connecting to my controller, but I can tell it is acknowledging it being plugged in. This headphone works on every device besides the Xbox controller. I...