Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

Discus and support Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wardy77, Apr 20, 2024.

1. wardy77
    wardy77 Guest

I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I was playing a game with directional sound, and heard noise to my left, which actually coming from my right.

Whilst I got a new wireless controller with my XBox Series S console, the first thing I tried was changing to another wireless controller I bought six months previously, for use when playing pc games. Both controllers were updated, and headphones added and configured, but the result was the same - audio reversed.

I checked all the settings on the Xbox against the recommended settings, but still the issue remained. I checked online in various forums including Reddit and Microsoft, and found numerous other people were having the same issue, and one by one followed and implemented the suggestions by various others to try to resolve the problem. The issue of reversed audio remained. I checked Steelseries forums to see if an update was required for my headphones, but Steelseries say that the headphones are compatible, and do not require an update. I've reset the XBox, keeping my games; I've changed the leads; I've followed every solution posted that I can find, and still, my audio is reversed. I even got a pal on Xbox to send me his sound settings, and I checked mine were identical. The only difference between his set-up and mine, is that his headphones are Steelseries wireless.

One thing that really strikes me as odd, is that when playing, I frequently get asked by other players to turn my television down, as they are getting feedback through my microphone. Except I'm not using a television, I'm using a gaming monitor with no speaker sound, so somehow they are getting acoustic feedback from my earphones through my mic, which seems bizarre!

I'm at a total loss, and having just bought the XBox Series S, I can't afford to splash out on new wireless headphones as well. I don't, however, see any other solution to the issue, so if anyone has any enlightening suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

:)

wardy77, Apr 20, 2024
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Are Xbox Design Lab controllers compatible with Windows 10?

they are the same as the standard xbox one s controllers, so with pc you can use via bluetooth(audio through headphone jack not supported)

or wired(supports audio via headphone jack)
  3. Murderstyle75 Win User

Installing X42's with Wireless Internet

Actually they are all pretty bad including my latest purchase, the Astro A40's. The Dolby Headphone audio processors included are fine. Its the headphones themselves that underperform vs even cheap models of "real" audio headphones.
  4. A Natural Smell Win User

Do you use your tv for Audio Sound or your Xbox 360 Headphones?

[quote user="HC HALO 3 RECON"]

I use the Xbox 360 Headphones for Audio.

[/quote]

I Use x11's
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

Hello NapyHead Z, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this error, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for updates: Make sure your Xbox Series S is running the latest version of system software. Go to console settings, select "System," and then choose "Updates." If an update is available, download and install it.

2- Power cycle your console: Perform a power cycle by turning off your Xbox Series S, unplugging it from the power source, and waiting about 10 seconds. Then plug it back in and turn it on. Power cycling can help clear temporary data and resolve minor software issues.

3. Clear the Dolby Atmos app cache: From the Xbox Series S dashboard, navigate to "My Games & Apps." Highlight the Dolby Access app, press the "Menu" button on your controller (the one with three lines), and select "Manage App." Choose "Delete local saved games" and confirm the action. This will clear the app's cache, potentially resolving any corrupted data.

4. Check your audio settings: Go to Xbox Series S settings, select "General," and then choose "Volume & Audio Output." Make sure “Headphone Format” is set to “Dolby Atmos for Headphones.” Also, check that the "HDMI audio" and "optical audio" settings are set correctly if you are using those connections.

5. Try a different account: Create a new temporary account on your Xbox Series S and try starting Dolby Atmos with that account. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user profile or if it affects multiple accounts.

Best regards.
  6. TheRevenite Win User

Xbox One S Audio Stuck on Headset Profile

For anyone still plagued with this issue, with wireless headphones, you'll need a controller with an audio jack or the adapter.

My Xbox One S, with the September 2018 patch, simply disconnect the wireless headphones and plug standard headphones or cell phone earbuds into the controller. Give it a minute or two, then unplug them. enter the sound settings ams change the headphone
    audio "uncompressed stereo". Exit the sound settings and re-enter the sound setting and your HDMI setting will be available. You can then re-setup your wireless headphones with any of the options needed.

I hope this helps others with this issue.
Thema:

1. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S - Similar Threads - Headphone audio reversed

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  5. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  6. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  7. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  8. how do I get The audio In the headphones

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get The audio In the headphones: I got new jbl Quantum 200 for Christmas and when I plug them in The audio did go in the headphones and I tried my old ones and the same thing happened how do I get The audio In the headphones...
  9. How to fix choppy headphone audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix choppy headphone audio: I recently got a new Xbox series x and ever sense I got it I have been having problems with the audio on a and off seeming at random. I used different controller and headsets and it still randomly...
  10. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc