Headache with text support/gamertag change

Discus and support Headache with text support/gamertag change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My brother changed my gamertag while I was out with my credit card. I been trying to have them change it back but they have charged my credit card x2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by agentdark47, Oct 30, 2015.

1. agentdark47
    agentdark47 Guest

My brother changed my gamertag while I was out with my credit card. I been trying to have them change it back but they have charged my credit card x2 times and I have been disconnected on 4 times already. PLEASE HELP!

:)

agentdark47, Oct 30, 2015
  2. ubercubs
    ubercubs Guest
    Win 8 + Xbox 360 + email accounts MESS

I chatted with support again tonight.

The web tools only allow you to change the email address assigned to a Microsoft account. This causes many headaches for WP & Win8 users. These headaches include factory resets of WP devices.

I ended up being told the ONLY way to make the change of email address of a gamertag without causing Microsoft account issues is to use a console and follow Mister Gwyther's steps above.

ubercubs, Oct 30, 2015
  3. I Nephi I
    I Nephi I Guest
    Please Help .

I think you may be able to have one free gamertag change. (At least here in the States we have that option). Please follow these instructions: (If your language is right to left and not left to right, or for other cultural reaons the placement may be different)

Login to xbox.com;

Click on your gamertag in the upper right hand corner;

Below your avatar, there should be a clickable section title "EDIT MY PROFILE." Click on it;

You should see a section labelled "Gamertag" with your gamertag in a text box with "Change Gamertag" in clickable text next to it. If so, select the text in the gamertag textbox, change it to what you want, and select "Change Gamertag." If it's accepted,
    you should be good to go.

HTH.

I Nephi I, Oct 30, 2015
  4. agentdark47
    agentdark47 Guest

them as is text support. They have also called me on my phone but keep hanging up.

agentdark47, Oct 30, 2015
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Then do chat support

Also you will have to pay foryoir next change

Fyi your account is your responcibility at all times

You do know that you can setup an 2nd account for him right without gold as there is home gold

ngocphi, Oct 31, 2018
  6. ngocphi Win User

Then do chat support

Also you will have to pay foryoir next change

Fyi your account is your responcibility at all times

You do know that you can setup an 2nd account for him right without gold as there is home gold
  7. agentdark47 Win User

them as is text support. They have also called me on my phone but keep hanging up.
  8. ubercubs Win User

Win 8 + Xbox 360 + email accounts MESS

I chatted with support again tonight.

The web tools only allow you to change the email address assigned to a Microsoft account. This causes many headaches for WP & Win8 users. These headaches include factory resets of WP devices.

I ended up being told the ONLY way to make the change of email address of a gamertag without causing Microsoft account issues is to use a console and follow Mister Gwyther's steps above.
  9. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Been an Xbox member for about 5 years

I believe there is a charge to avoid a lot of things, abusive change, misleading gamertags, imagine the person plays an online game and is not a polite player and gets just a headache for others, quits the game and changes the gamertag again It would be
    unfair.
  10. XBF-Spartan Win User

Minecraft Gamertag Error

Hi Alexandrea,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your Gamertag issue. The 02 was most likely added because the gamertag "Steve" was already taken by another player and you may have missed the notification under the text box. I am linking the Xbox Support site for gamertag change so that you can see the guidelines and rules for changing your gamertag. How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support
Thema:

1. Headache with text support/gamertag change - Similar Threads - Headache text support

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  4. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  5. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  6. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  7. How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox?: My texts messages don’t go through to my friends. I’ve unplugged the router, restarted my Xbox 2 times and nothing works but I made another acc to see if it work and yes it does but my main...
  8. I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...: I've checked microsoft settings and xbox settings and couldn't find anything. 08cd519f-2de5-4ee7-9e18-8602489936e6
  9. Battle field 1 in Arabic (text only) on XBOX ONE I need help

in XboX Insiders
    Battle field 1 in Arabic (text only) on XBOX ONE I need help: I just got battlefield 1 from a store, and when I downloaded it it was in Arabic but I use translation app to help for voice only but I need to change text also any help will do submitted by...
  10. can we get text chat back on roblox please there is no reason not to have it

in XBoX on Windows
    can we get text chat back on roblox please there is no reason not to have it: can we get text chat back on roblox please there is no reason not to have it 73c47695-f9db-43a2-875b-88f6ce6f9962