Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

Discus and support Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a 1440p Alienware monitor and the series x is capable of running games at 1440p 120 fps. However, I am not able to take advantage of the hdr... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris Collier3, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

I got a 1440p Alienware monitor and the series x is capable of running games at 1440p 120 fps. However, I am not able to take advantage of the hdr capability of my monitor. The monitor is only hdmi 2.0 so not sure if that matters. I’m just trying to work the hdr. Thanks

:)

Chris Collier3, Nov 10, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  3. Chris Collier3 Win User

Thanks for your help Renalto. So my monitor supports hdr600. Can the Xbox not recognize that, and it only works the hdr with displays that support hdr 10? I’m using the official ultra high speed hdmi cable that comes with the series x, but the monitor only has a 2.0 outlet. Thanks
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
  6. NEVER_FEAR Win User

Series X.... what TV we going with?

I have my current Xbox One X connected to a 4k monitor, ALthough it does not have HDR so I might upgrade before the Series X comes out.
Thema:

1. Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x - Similar Threads - Hdr working monitor

2. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  3. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  4. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  5. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  6. HDR not working for apps but works for games

in XboX Insiders
    HDR not working for apps but works for games: Hey, I know YouTube supports HDR but on my Xbox series x I can’t get it to turn on I have the seating Allow HDR10 on, I don’t understand why it works for games and just Netflix but why not...
  7. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  8. hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv: hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro and hdr was recognized but with xbox it...
  9. HDR not working anymore and I tried to everything I can think of

in XboX Insiders
    HDR not working anymore and I tried to everything I can think of: I had HDR settings on for over a year now and it just stopped working I'm pised why did I pay more money for graphics and it just doesn't work iv tried restarting everything settings rearranged...
  10. Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X: I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going on, then as soon as it is done, it turns right...