HDR not working for apps but works for games

Discus and support HDR not working for apps but works for games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, I know YouTube supports HDR but on my Xbox series x I can’t get it to turn on I have the seating Allow HDR10 on, I don’t understand why it works... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Witty_Book_9166, Nov 19, 2023.

1. HDR not working for apps but works for games

Hey, I know YouTube supports HDR but on my Xbox series x I can’t get it to turn on I have the seating Allow HDR10 on, I don’t understand why it works for games and just Netflix but why not YouTube. The display I have is capable of doing 1440p 165hz and has HDR 10 compatiblitly. Can anyone help me out if I’m doing something wrong here ?

submitted by /u/Witty_Book_9166
    [link] [comments]

/u/Witty_Book_9166, Nov 19, 2023
  2. vader 540is Win User

Xbox One S HDR issue

Nope. Still not working and I can't get a reply in 3 months. This is a bummer because I'd love to buy an Xbox One X, but if I can't get the S to work with my new TV, there is no way I am going to buy a new console. It's crazy. My Playstation HDR works
    fine with my TV too.
    My Netflix (in XboneS app) was working fine, then all of a sudden it stopped, now the whole TV just snows out. Amazon 4k HDR works, the Cast Netflix HDR works, but the XboneS Netflix HDR app in breaks my Vizio P65-C1
  3. Globularpanda14 Win User

Xbox One S HDR issue

Nope. Still not working and I can't get a reply in 3 months. This is a bummer because I'd love to buy an Xbox One X, but if I can't get the S to work with my new TV, there is no way I am going to buy a new console. It's crazy. My Playstation HDR works
    fine with my TV too.

My Netflix (in XboneS app) was working fine, then all of a sudden it stopped, now the whole TV just snows out. Amazon 4k HDR works, the Cast Netflix HDR works, but the XboneS Netflix HDR app in breaks my Vizio P65-C1
    I am having a similar issue with my LG OLED 55C6P 4K HDR TV. Netflix will trigger my HDR on my TV, flicker or snow and then the TV will auto swap picture mode to standard, then HDR and on and on. All other HDR Apps and sources work 100%. It's making me crazy.
    I've tried new cables, unplugging everything and rebooting each device involved and hard resets. Uninstalled Netflix and re-install, problem persists. No idea what is going on other than HDCP issues.
  4. DDIGITALDNR Win User

Sony TV KDL-32W660E and HDR Support

Same problem with the KDL-32WE613 My display has HDR and 10 bit output, works fine with Youtube and Netflix HDR content directly on the TV Apps and fine with
    HDR games and HDR content on Netflix on my PS4 Pro, Xbox One S ticks HDR by default but says the TV does not support it even when it's forced on in with the HDR-Game or HDR-Cinema profiles.
  5. TheDecn Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

I can verify this issue...Netflix UHD does not work on Xbox One S. I have a Vizio M55-D0 with the latest firmware enabling HD10 support. My TV is now recognized by the One S video settings as 4K HDR capable. I am able to enable HDR support and it works beautifully
    with the Blu-Ray app (Mad Max 4K Blu Ray playing 4K, 24fps, HDR as verified by the Vizio settings app). However when I start Netflix, the screen flashes, colors mute, and video fails to switch to HDR or 24fps. Netflix app is clearly broken right now for HDR.
    If I switch HDR off on the One S, Netflix app is fine, plays 4K correctly, colors are fine obviously no HDR.
  6. Georges C. Win User

HDR not working

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Vyper221, try to follow the procedures below.

The first is a clear cache

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
Thema:

HDR not working for apps but works for games

1. HDR not working for apps but works for games - Similar Threads - HDR working apps

2. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  3. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  4. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  5. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  6. Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x: I got a 1440p Alienware monitor and the series x is capable of running games at 1440p 120 fps. However, I am not able to take advantage of the hdr capability of my monitor. The monitor is only...
  7. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  8. Hbomax app won't display HDR and we need to work together to get this fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Hbomax app won't display HDR and we need to work together to get this fixed: I have a LG C1 and a series x console in alpha skip ahead. About 6 months ago HDR worked on hbomax same as Netflix, Disney+. Last movie that worked in HDR was Godzilla vs Kong. I would like the...
  9. HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Retro_Edge [link] [comments]
  10. Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please work with Amazon to add support for 4K and HDR on the Amazon App: Neither feature works as of now, I bought this device primarily for 4K movie playback, it would be fantastic if support was added sooner rather than later. Can anyone confirm if this is even in...