HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

Discus and support HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Duh Meatball, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Duh Meatball
    Duh Meatball Guest

I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when it turns back on, the HDR looks terrible and so washed out for that game I’m on. Even when snapping the guide when on that game, it looks really grayed out. But then, If I return to the home menu or load up a different game, the HDR and graphics look amazing and not washed out. I know for sure the new Forza Motorsport supports HDR and this issue is happening across multiple games but not all. The best fix I found was to just disable HDR from the Xbox settings but It’s a shame because I want to make use of my HDR capable monitor, but I don’t know what else to do. I even tested this on an expensive 4k TV in my house and the issue still persists. I’ve just come to a conclusion that the issue is on Xbox’s end, but I really hope someone can possibly help me out with this. Also to mention, this issue started happening after the recent new Xbox Dashboard update.

Thanks.

:)

Duh Meatball, Oct 21, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: