hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv

Discus and support hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marco Rossi4, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Marco Rossi4
    Marco Rossi4 Guest

hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro and hdr was recognized but with xbox it wasn't. I really don't know what to do, I've followed several tutorials but no one has ever helped me...

:)

Marco Rossi4, Aug 31, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

What is the resolution of your TV? What's the model number?
  3. MaWeCo Win User

Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

Sorry for the late reply. I have my Series S hooked up to my Fire TV in the bedroom and my X hooked up to a TCL S4 series in the living room. Neither one is idea for HDR content. At least not with the Xboxes. I tried my hand with an high end LG TV to see what HDR would look like and while some games looked better than others it was still a mixed bag. Some games will just look awful with HDR on regardless of what TV your playing off of. I really would like to do tests with a PS5 to see if I get similar results.
  4. RustyRobards Win User

Video and Display

Yes, im playing on a 4k, hdr 49” tcl roku tv
  5. agask2 Win User

Allow HDR Grayed Out -- Help Please!!

is there an option on the tv inputs them selves to allow hdmi 2.0. If so make sure that is turned on in your tv. I have the TCL tv and it was on auto but 2.0 got everything working for me. And also make sure HDR is turned in the tv settings side of things.
    So check tv side of things.. Sorry if that doesn't help..
  6. Lane Smith Win User

I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it

TCL Q6 QLED Smart 4k Google TV 2023 Model
Thema:

1. hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv - Similar Threads - hdr doesn't series

2. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig: Everything was working fine on my gaming on the Xbox until today. Now the quality of the graphics are horrible. c635daf9-f0e5-46ad-bb41-ac840d3f29ce
  3. HDR Game Mode doesn't turn on in Hi-Fi Rush

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Game Mode doesn't turn on in Hi-Fi Rush: I have an LG C9 OLED and some games on Xbox Series X don't switch to HDR game mode, for example Hi-Fi Rush doesn't. I don't think it's my settings because other games do switch to HDR game mode...
  4. [Delta] Xbox Series X doesn't obey RGB settings when displaying HDR.

in XboX Insiders
    [Delta] Xbox Series X doesn't obey RGB settings when displaying HDR.: Like the title says, I set my XSX to RGB full, and when going into HDR it auto changes to RGB limited. This can be a bit of a problem for displays that do not auto change it's own RGB setting to...
  5. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig: So I have an lg tv UHD 4k running at 60hz. everytime I try to calibrate my tv with the xbox series x tool, I run into problems when I have HGiG on. During the second step for maximum luminance on...
  6. Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match...: Hi, there. I have recorded 4K HDR video and have tried to upload to YouTube but YouTube show an conversion error. When i try to use editor, da Vinci or Adobe video lose colors, change ACES input...
  7. Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content: There is an issue with Xbox Series X not outputing full RGB in HDR10 mode despite outputting full RGB in SDR. When you launch any HDR10 content, Xbox will force switch itself to RGB limited. I am...
  8. Last update introduced an issue with HDR games. Sometimes it doesn't activate, unless...

in XboX Insiders
    Last update introduced an issue with HDR games. Sometimes it doesn't activate, unless...: Also, another thing started to happen and this SURELY wasn't an issue before. I have a Samsung Q80R and if I disable/enable game mode when a HDR game is running (FIFA, Battlefield...), this...
  9. HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Retro_Edge [link] [comments]
  10. My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.: My TV supports HDR, but I noticed that when I go into settings it says "your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR". I've tried a few things to see if I could fix...