HDR doesn't seem to turn "off" after closing a game

Discus and support HDR doesn't seem to turn "off" after closing a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm playing the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and notice after a session the dashboard color is extremely brighter. I've noticed this a few times... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Onslow Linski, Jun 29, 2018.

1. HDR doesn't seem to turn "off" after closing a game

So I'm playing the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and notice after a session the dashboard color is extremely brighter. I've noticed this a few times with past HDR games but this seems to happen more frequently with Crash. If I just cycle through my inputs
    and come back to the Xbox everything is back to normal. This is on a XBox One X with an Element Roku 4K that I bought earlier this year. I know Elements are cheap displays but I've had pretty good success with them in the past even though they do have some
    quirks (which is why I'm wondering if this is one of those quirks or something with the XBox).

:)

Onslow Linski, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Razerhdd
    Razerhdd Guest
    4k Image Issues (Vizio Du50)

Haha I think they're as perplexed as we are! You might have a point about HDR being an issue in this because Vizio we're talking about doesn't necessarily have HDR but it does have a yellow check mark & says "HDR for games & apps is turned off. To turn it
    on, back up & select Allow HDR." Here's the thing though, it's greyed out. Not that it had the ability to begin with but something definite seems to be up with that.

Razerhdd, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Forza Horizon 3 HDR issue after patch

I am still having HDR issues with this game. I can not create a vinyl group unless I turn off HDR in my Xbox settings. If I do not turn HDR off, the pattern I choose is invisible regardless of color and regardless of the background I am using. Also, with
    HDR off, the brightness tab does not work.

SunburnedMoose1, Jun 29, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

HDR doesn't seem to turn "off" after closing a game