HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported?

Discus and support HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an issue with my series S, and looking for guidance. My 1440p acer monitor only supports VRR via DisplayPort, but the HDMI>DP cable I bought... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ReflexReact, Mar 2, 2023.

1. HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported?

I have an issue with my series S, and looking for guidance.

My 1440p acer monitor only supports VRR via DisplayPort, but the HDMI>DP cable I bought (which is rated for 2k @ 120hz) doesn’t work - the monitor says “no signal”.

I’ve tried reducing the resolution and frame rate within the Xbox settings (1080p@30), but the issue still exists.

I’m stumped and can only assume that this is an issue with the Xbox not liking HDMI to DP cables? I found another Reddit post complaining about the same thing, but no solutions were provided.

Can anyone guide me? I assume this isn’t a cable issue, although I’ll concede I’ve only tried one (highest rated on Amazon).

Thank you!

submitted by /u/ReflexReact
    [link] [comments]

/u/ReflexReact, Mar 2, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox one s compatability with a monitor

Make sure also that the monitor supports, HDMI Displayport 2.0 as that what the Xbox One S and Xbox One X use, I believe that the standard Xbox One only uses HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that the monitor only supports HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that you're TV has HDMI Displayport 2.0, which could be the reason it works on the TV but not the monitor.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

I'm saying that HDMI to displayport adapters are pointless to use, and if you were to use one , you'll still only be getting 60hz.

you want to connect the HDMI port of the Xbox console to a HDMI port on the monitor or TV for the best outcome,

because the Xbox One X does not have a displayport on the console, you can't go displayport to displayport,

so the only choice is HDMI to HDMI, i personally would not go HDMI from the console to displayport on the monitor via an HDMI to displayport adapter,

when connecting to a monitor it's best to go straight...

HDMI to HDMI

or

Displayport to Displayport

never

HDMI to Displayport via an adapter.
  4. Red264 Win User

Quick Question

Ultra wide screens like 2560x1080 are not supported by Xbox One, these screens typically use the superior Displayport interface only and do not support the ultra wide resolutions over HDMI. Xbox has no Displayport output only HDMI
    so there is a limited pool of displays that could ever use it over HDMI with Xbox.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4

There's no HDMI 2.1 to Displayport 1.4 adaptors available as of yet,

There are Displayport 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adaptors available, but the signal only goes one direction and the Series X does not have a Displayport,

also with adaptor you run the risk of getting higher latency input, lower refresh rate, poor image quality,

for a clean bandwidth signal, it's best to connect straight HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport.
  6. CoFish89 Win User

Connecting Xbox One S to Displayport on PC Monitor

I have the same problem i just bought a new monitor with 144hz and bought a cabel with DisplayPort to HDMI and i dont get any picture, does Xbox One support DisplayPort?
Thema:

HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported?

1. HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported? - Similar Threads - HDMI DisplayPort supported

2. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. Xbox series X - from hdmi 2.1 TO displayport 1.4 for 4k @ 120 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X - from hdmi 2.1 TO displayport 1.4 for 4k @ 120 fps: Hey guys, this one is not a question BUT an answer to the (to me wrongly closed) thread here:...
  5. So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...: i have turned off my display AND xbox one s and no solution anyone know? 941ed62a-ac35-408b-b8d8-fc6afccf2e1f
  6. HDMI to Displayport converter for monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to Displayport converter for monitor: Hello, so i am getting the Xbox Series X and in order play in 120fps on my monitor i need a 1.4 displayport cable but sadly the Xbox does not have a Displayport port. So i am trying to get a HDMI...
  7. XSX - Output from HDMI 2.1 to Displayport

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX - Output from HDMI 2.1 to Displayport: Will there be some type of adapter created to allow output to a monitor that has HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2? I have just purchased a 1440p 144 Hz monitor, but the I/O is a bit outdated. If I am...
  8. HDMI 2.1 to Displayport

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI 2.1 to Displayport: Hi, I have a question for the upcoming series x. As I am about to buy a new tv/monitor as well and I don't want to spend over 1500€ on an oled tv, I have searched for a gaming monitor. I found...
  9. Acer CB281HK - Xbox One X - HDMI to Displayport

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer CB281HK - Xbox One X - HDMI to Displayport: Hey everyone, So I have a Acer CB281HK monitor 4k 10 bit color w/ freesync and new xbox one X. I understand the freesync is most likely unusable with this combination (unless I read wrong...
  10. HDMI to DisplayPort on monitor/tv that doesn't support HDMI 2.0.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to DisplayPort on monitor/tv that doesn't support HDMI 2.0.: Can I use an adapter to convert HDMI to DisplayPort as a way to get a higher resolution monitor working? HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter: HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter - 4K 30Hz | StarTech.com...