hdmi port not working

Discus and support hdmi port not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; since new years day my hdmi stopped working having to use the standard cable. is this common problem and is it easy to fix, as the consul is 3 years... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jasonthorpe, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jasonthorpe
    jasonthorpe Guest

hdmi port not working

since new years day my hdmi stopped working having to use the standard cable.

is this common problem and is it easy to fix, as the consul is 3 years old.

the consul is the gears of war slimline.

:)

jasonthorpe, Jan 8, 2014
  2. Elwood Fiore
    Elwood Fiore Guest
    HDMI Port Not working

I have sent it in thank you for letting me know about the problem.

Elwood Fiore, Jan 8, 2014
  3. GATA 7483
    GATA 7483 Guest
    HDMI Port not Working

Hey, I'm wondering if someone can assist me on a problem I'm having with my Xbox 360's HDMI port…

Everything was working fine (had the same setup for years) until yesterday when I tried to install an HDMI switcher on my Vizio HDTV -- the TV only has one HDMI port and I have more than one HD-ready device hooked up to it, thus the need for the switcher.

Well, as soon as I plugged the switcher in, the Xbox would not display on the TV screen. So, I unhooked the switcher, plugged everything back in as before, and now the Xbox still won't display an image.

Did the switcher somehow fry the HDMI port on the Xbox?

Things to know:

1. The HDMI port on the TV still works -- I've plugged other devices into it and they work fine.

2. The Xbox will display an image with AV cables.

3. I've tried rebooting, pressing RT + Y while rebooting, and all sorts of other combinations … no luck.

Any other suggestions?

GATA 7483, Jan 8, 2014
  4. SandM1tch
    SandM1tch Guest

hdmi port not working

Try it on another TV with the HDMI cable. If it still won't work, its either the HDMI cable or the console. Try a different HDMI cable after that and then decide if you need to send the console in for repair or not.

SandM1tch, Jan 8, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

hdmi port not working