HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?

Discus and support HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; does the manufacturer warranty cover a broken hdmi port? 88923a51-36aa-4cb7-a57a-ebab77717cd7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jalen Owens, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Jalen Owens
    Jalen Owens Guest

does the manufacturer warranty cover a broken hdmi port?

:)

Jalen Owens, Nov 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Jalen! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series HDMI port. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, I'm afraid that physical/accidental damage would not be covered by the normal limited warranty that comes with the console.

However, if you had purchased the Microsoft complete warranty (which does cover physical/accidental damage) then the repair would be free but otherwise something like that would be a paid repair.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-i-have/008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...dmi-port/c85c87cf-eadc-4c26-a957-96f69e3c91aa

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X Broken HDMI Port

Hi , we’ve had exactly the same problem with our Xbox x so arnt we covered by the warranty? Clearly there a fault on there end if it’s happened to loads of ppl
    if its a broken hdmi port as is the OP original issue which is physical damage then warranty does not apply as its not a fault.

if the hdmi fails to work without physical damage then it can be a fault with the cable, port, or one of 2 chips internally, if its the port or internal then it can be classed as a manufacturing fault which is covered by warranty.
  4. SpookyOrbit Win User

Broken HDMI Port? - Series X

Thank you Alice for the quick response.

Do I continue holding the power button along with the SYNC and EJECT buttons, or just press the power button? I tried exactly how you said and only got one power up tone after 30 seconds of holding.

Edit: The two power up tones only happen if you are holding all three buttons.
  5. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Since you've already tried using a different TV and HDMI Cable and the issue still persist, I'm afraid the console needs a service. But I still suggest to keep on trying this.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in. Press and hold the SYNC button and the EJECT button and then press the Xbox button on the console. Continue holding the SYNC and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the SYNC and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

There's a high chance that this will work since you are still hearing a sound from the console.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  6. ImAice Win User

You only need to press the power button.
Thema:

1. HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered? - Similar Threads - HDMI port broken

2. Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken: I have a xbox series x and the Hdmi port is broken. A couple prongs on the end have come away. Xbox is still under warranty, can I get this fixed through the warranty?...
  3. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd
  4. Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken: Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken ed1658e4-bbe4-45aa-9563-a719034e7496
  5. Broken HDMI port

in XBoX Accessibility
    Broken HDMI port: Hi Xbox I having problem with my Xbox One S when I turn my Xbox on and put my HDMI inside my Xbox Has the resolution which is 640 **** it has a small screen the Xbox works perfectly fine but the...
  6. Broken HDMI port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI port: Yesterday my cousin bought new Xbox series x. It works fine, but today he connects it to second tv and it doesn't work. We look on HDMI port and it's broken. This is not normal after two changing...
  7. So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could...: So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could turn on remote features if i couldnt see the screen to enable it 4bd7d5e8-9a1d-4bfb-b9d6-337d97d93607
  8. My Xbox has broken HDMI and USB ports, is there anywhere I can get that fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has broken HDMI and USB ports, is there anywhere I can get that fixed?: I used to transport my Xbox a lot and throughout me bringing it places, my HDMI and USB ports have been damaged. My Xbox isn’t able to connect through the HDMI or have a controller plugged into...
  9. My hdmi out port is broken, is there any other way I can use the console as in playing?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hdmi out port is broken, is there any other way I can use the console as in playing?...: My hdmi out port is broken, is there any other way I can use the console as in playing? Like is there any other options to connect it to a tv? 31fd1e50-3c03-4fc4-bb06-61783865cfbf
  10. How can I hook up my Xbox one s of my HDMI port on game is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hook up my Xbox one s of my HDMI port on game is broken: How can I hook up my Xbox one s up to tv if my HDMI port is broke on game? 1fbd3560-6365-4d92-a485-0fbe1879720c