HDMI pass through screws up calibrated settings on TV

Discus and support HDMI pass through screws up calibrated settings on TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sending the signal from my directv box through the x-one changes the contrast and settings on my high end TV. I paid big bucks to have my TV... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ILoveCraftBeer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. HDMI pass through screws up calibrated settings on TV

Sending the signal from my directv box through the x-one changes the contrast and settings on my high end TV. I paid big bucks to have my TV professionally calibrated , now the picture is all wrong. Why can't the x-one pass the signal without messing it
    up ? Every cheap HDMI spitter and switch on the planet can do this with no problem ! While I'm at it why can't the xbox pass the HDMI signal when it is turned off ?

:)

ILoveCraftBeer, Jan 26, 2014
  2. paulnick2003
    paulnick2003 Guest
    HDMI pass through

What are the benefits of linking the 360 through the hdmi pass through. Does it just help you only use 1 HDMI connector on the tv for two items. Don't you then need to have your 360 turned on and the XBOX One on or at least on standby for the pass through
    to work. Also do you guys/girls have your xbox one settings on quick start up or full off setting. Just wondering Thanks

paulnick2003, Jan 26, 2014
  3. Hdmi handshake problem

I have sky outputting into a hdmi splitter, one into the lounge tv and the other to the games room tv via a hdmi over cat5. This set up works fine but when I try and do pass through on the xbox one it won't work. All I get is we have lost your tv signal... If I put the sky feed via the AVR then pass that through it works but that just leads to problems with tv/vol/simp link controls etc.

Can anyone confirm that they have successfully put a sky feed via a hdmi over cat5 into the xbox one pass through set up?

FYI I only use 1.4 hdmi cables!

Jonnywishbone, Jan 26, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

HDMI pass through screws up calibrated settings on TV