HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv?

Discus and support HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I got my uncle's old Toshiba TV and all I want to do is connect to the Xbox so I can play games and watch Netflix. I don't care about the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JennaTackett, Apr 7, 2020.

1. JennaTackett
    JennaTackett Guest

Yesterday I got my uncle's old Toshiba TV and all I want to do is connect to the Xbox so I can play games and watch Netflix. I don't care about the DirecTV or whatever. But I connect the HDMI port to the Xbox on the HDMI out to TV and then put
    it in the TV but nothing pops up. I've reconnected it several times and it still doesn't work. I tried changing the channels from video 1 to video 2 and HDMI but none of those work. I'm starting to think that it just doesn't work with the TV, but I'm not sure.
    Because when I plug the HDMI into my TLC Roku TV it works just fine. Anything helps, thank you.

:)

JennaTackett, Apr 7, 2020
  2. icsxyppl Win User

The signal output from the XBOX needs to be connected to HDMI "in" on the Toshiba TV. How many HDMI in ports does the Toshiba TV have? Even better what model Toshiba TV is it?

Best regards

Sassan
  3. juan van Win User

No sound output

Sounds like the Toshiba is not liking the audio setting of your console. Try to select another option from the sound setting on the console and see if you then get sound.

Also what model Toshiba TV is it, See if this might be something with the TV and the Xbox working together.

Are there any other HDMI ports that you can try as well; I know on my TV one of the HDMI says PC and the rest are normal HDMI ports. But the TV could be doing something some different encoding on the port.
  4. Porgmeister Win User

No sound output

I could try the 5.1 setting but I didn't use it as I'm only playing through the TV stereo speakers.

The TV has 4 HDMI and the Xbox works with none of them, but the Sky box and Playstation do work.

The is a Toshiba 37BV701.
  5. SubtlePredat0r Win User

HDTV Suggestions?

Current display is a 32" Dynex 720P 60 Refresh rate. And I believe it's the display or HDMI port because it works fine on my brothers TV which is an old Toshiba.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Perfect Stuff for Perfect Definition

These days the technology for TV and hdmi cables are pretty good, so any decent brand of flat screen TV and any brand of hdmi cable should do the job. I myself use a Toshiba LED flat screen TV with a £7.99 hdmi cable and the resolution and picture quality
    are spot on.
Thema:

1. HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv? - Similar Threads - HDMI working Toshiba

2. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  3. Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.: So after 3 systems having hdmi issues i still decided to stay with xbox for whatever dumb reason. Regardless i got this one fixed awhile ago and it was working fine until a month ago 4k stopped...
  4. Xbox one HDMI working on one TV but not the other

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one HDMI working on one TV but not the other: I tried 3 different HDMI cables on both TV’s, only the second TV worked with them. I went and bought a new TV and there’s still no HDMI connection. I’ve selected the correct source/input, I put...
  5. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  6. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  7. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...: Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?...
  8. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  9. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  10. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...