HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

Discus and support HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there d0x360! Thanks for posting, we certainly appreciate you suggestions! Keep in mind, this thread is a bit old but feel free post in any of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coji420, Jan 13, 2014.

  1. HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?


    Hey there d0x360!

    Thanks for posting, we certainly appreciate you suggestions! Keep in mind, this thread is a bit old but feel free post in any of the current threads. Thanks again!
     
    Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
    #16
  2. E McSq Win User

    HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

    Hdmi pass through was always intended for t.v intergration.

    Of course you can plug any hdmi device into the X1, just like MS said.

    None of MS current marketing blurb recommends plugging consoles into the X1.

    The post above mine sums it up perfectly.
  3. NewBlacksmurf Win User

    HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

    I want to be as professional as possible in replying.

    This is the answer is as the person suggested when you asked M$, however I feel you have more of a request rather than a question.

    -PS4, Xbox 360, Wii and PC are NOT and were NOT advertised or promised to work with 0 lag or latency through the Xbox One.

    -The only supported HDMI input is TV or cable/satellite boxes (Microsoft)

    support.xbox.com/.../getting-started

    -Anything else WILL have latency (see the quote at the bottom of this reply) as well as TV's too.

    ***The extent of latency may not be a result of the Xbox One, but instead a result of the HDMI output of the device of your choosing. TO be fair "To get the very best performance, make sure your TV and console are set to their highest-performing video resolution."

    ***HDMI pass-through in general***

    -Blue Ray/Cable Boxes are not = to PS$,Xbox 360, PS3, Wii HDMI signals.

    -If you're sending a signal into a device, and that device is processing the signal that comes and coding that signal back out there will always be delays. Its not the HDMI is sending and producing the same signals, it has to be coded.

    -AV receivers have different modes (Game Mode) to address lag or latency when using HDMI pass-through but there is still a delay

    The reply you're thinking of was stated as such "Well, Microsoft might let you connect the PS4 to the Xbox One, but it doesn't really want you to do so. Writing on the gaming forum NeoGAF after his TGS appearance, Penello said that connecting the two consoles
    "won't be a great experience."

    Due to HDMI latency issues, Penello reasoned, using the Xbox One's HDMI pass-through feature for any kind of "interactive" entertainment would result in lag during gameplay, which suggests that Microsoft wouldn't recommend playing an Xbox 360 through the
    One either.

    The HDMI port was designed with passive video viewing in mind, Penella said, where latency issues wouldn't disrupt the experience as dramatically as it would if you were playing a game on a connected device. Gamers will have to wait until the Xbox One comes
    out this November to see how this alleged interconnectivity actually plays out, but for now it remains one of the console's most promising features, whether you plug a PS4 into it or not."

    -source-
    www.nbcnews.com/.../microsoft-yes-you-can-plug-ps4-xbox-one-please-dont-f4B11233762
  4. AR5 Win User

    HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

    While I can't find the article now, I do remember Microsoft's stance being that it wasn't designed for putting another console through it, only TV, specifically because of lag.

    They will not be able to fix your problem in 29 days or less. Because this isn't just a physical pass-through, but rather being processed by the Xbox One, there will always be lag. There is no fix for this, it's physics. Every time you go through a transistor,
    it takes time, go through enough of them, and you notice it. en.wikipedia.org/.../Delay_calculation

    For a more reasonable solution to your HDMI port problem, try MonoPrice, they have solutions ranging from $9 all the way up to $300. www.monoprice.com/.../Index
  5. Coji420 Win User

    HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

    When I spoke with chat support today I was informed that this feature is not a "supported" feature which is support lingo for either "we aren't allowed to comment" or "I have literally no idea". I asked "so this is an advertised feature but it isn't a supported
    feature?" to which he replied "I don't think it's an advertised feature either". Fair statement I suppose considering I haven't seen any commercials pointing out that feature BUT shouldn't Jeff have kept his mouth shut about how well it was going to work if
    it wasn't going to be supported?
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

    HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

    Hey there d0x360!

    Thanks for posting, we certainly appreciate you suggestions! Keep in mind, this thread is a bit old but feel free post in any of the current threads. Thanks again!
Thema:

HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this?

Loading...
  1. HDMI latency, can we get someone from M$ to answer for this? - Similar Threads - HDMI latency someone

  2. HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut issue.

    in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut issue.: This is a repost per the DM I received: “You say in your post that it's not a new issue which implies that it isn't something introduced in an update. If you disagree, feel free to repost with...
  3. HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?

    in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?: This isn't a 'new' issue. I honestly thought it was just my cheap TV, but now I wonder... Every time I power on my console (Energy Saving Mode), and the console turns on the TV (also in Energy...
  4. New to Xbox 360 need advice on controller audio + HDMI setup

    in XboX Insiders
    New to Xbox 360 need advice on controller audio + HDMI setup: Hey everyone I’m new to the Xbox 360 ecosystem (been a PlayStation guy till now — PS4 owner) and had a couple of questions I hope you all can help with: Controller Audio Question: On the PS4,...
  5. XBox One HDMI Audio settings are confusing

    in XboX Insiders
    XBox One HDMI Audio settings are confusing: I have an Xbox One and a Yamaha RX-A Atmos/DTS:X capable receiver. I use the console primarily as a streamer now that the kids no longer use it. When I select the HDMI audio output, I can choose...
  6. Problem with Xbox losing HDMI connection every time I return to the dashboard

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem with Xbox losing HDMI connection every time I return to the dashboard: Hey all, I am in the Delta ring and currently have 250807-1745 installed. I've had this weird thing where every time I'm in a game and go back to the dashboard, my HDMI connection cuts out. I...
  7. Hdmi to digital not working

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi to digital not working: Hi! My monitor only has a digital port, so I went and got a HDMI to DIGITAL cable, there is no signal on the monitor so i plugged my xbox into my TV with hdmi and it works, can someone explain...
  8. Hey I wanna ask if my Laptop will support 144hz from HDMI to an external monitor?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I wanna ask if my Laptop will support 144hz from HDMI to an external monitor?: Operating system Windows 11 Home Single Language Processor family AMD Ryzen™ 5 processor Processor AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600H (up to 4.2 GHz max boost clock, 16 MB L3 cache, 6 cores, 12 threads)...
  9. Remote play dependant of HDMI port

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play dependant of HDMI port: I'm experiencing a persistent issue with Xbox Remote Play. To make it work, I have to disconnect the HDMI cable from the console and restart it. If I don’t, the stream shows in less than a quarter...
  10. XBOX ONE S ALL DIGITAL EDITION WONT CONNECT TO TV VIA HDMI

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S ALL DIGITAL EDITION WONT CONNECT TO TV VIA HDMI: I have an Xbox One S All Digital Edition, it's worked before, but now it won't connect to my TV via HDMI, I know the HDMI cord, and ports are perfectly fine because I have used them on numerous...