HDMI issue when changing games/from 60hz to 120hz

Discus and support HDMI issue when changing games/from 60hz to 120hz in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi! Just thought I’d see if this was a new issue to raise awareness to, something to be mindful of, or just a one time glitch. So I was going from a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Hairy_Simple_92, Dec 2, 2021.

1. HDMI issue when changing games/from 60hz to 120hz

Hi! Just thought I’d see if this was a new issue to raise awareness to, something to be mindful of, or just a one time glitch.

So I was going from a 120hz signal to a 60hz signal in a quick fashion (not accustomed to the Xbox UI as of yet!) and in doing so, brought the black screen in between changing the display resolution/output which was quite normal. However, once it had happened 3-4 times, the TV could not recognise any signal from the Series X.

Unplugging and plugging in the HDMI cord did nothing, but I did manage to navigate the menu to turn off the system. Once I had turned it on it was fine.

I have since left it so I don’t know how it will be behaving but thought I’d see if this is something that is new?

Cheers

submitted by /u/Hairy_Simple_92
    [link] [comments]

/u/Hairy_Simple_92, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Gabriel Sherwood Win User

Red,green,and blue lights flash only when I play large maps on warzone and or the new call of duty beta

Yes only happens in cod games any other game I play no problem I’ve tryed changing from 4K to 1080p to 120hz to 60hz I’ve tried two different tvs with different hdmi cords
  3. Rostom L Win User

Im getting these Vertical Lines on a brand new tv while playing games

The HDMI 2.0 may only be good for 4k @60hz. The HDMI 2.1 is much better for 4k @120hz.

Have you tried to set or change those settings from your console? How about factory reset?
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Display options on original Xbox One

From the support page:

• Your display must support 120Hz over HDMI. While some monitors support 120Hz over DisplayPort, they may not support it over HDMI.
    • 120Hz is only available for 1080p and 1440p. If you change your resolution to 4K UHD or 720p, the refresh rate will be set to 60Hz by default.
    • If your console is set for 4K UHD and you change your refresh rate to 120Hz, your resolution will be downgraded to the highest resolution available for your display.
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Xbox one x not displaying 1440/120

I don't have enough info to confirm if the Series X will be able to run 144hz on a monitor such as the one you have purchased but feel fairly confident that 120hz will be possible since it will be using HDMI 2.1

From what i've read 'HDMI to displayport' adapters are usually limited to 60hz at this point in time as most displays are using HDMI 2.0 so it wouldn't really be worth bothering with as you would still be running 60hz at 1440p as the Xbox One X uses
    HDMI 2.0 which will only allow 60hz maximum for 4K or 1440p (1080p/120hz yes, but not 1440p/120hz). Even if your monitor uses HDMI 2.1 it still has to connect to HDMI 2.0 on the console so 120hz would not be possible at 1440p.

Since HDMI 2.0 is what current gen uses 60hz is the optimum setting for 4K and all games are
    capped at 30-60fps on the console (also due to the fact that most console users will be connecting to TVs and 60hz is pretty much what most HD/4K TVs are capable of). This should change with the Series X which will have HDMI 2.1 (capable of 120hz)
    but seems unlikely that 144hz will be possible on the console. I think the best you could expect is to be able to get 4K/120hz with HDMI 2.1 on the Series X although it is said that it will support up to 8K on TVs/Monitors that are capable.

My recommendation would be to get a monitor that's 4K HDR 120hz as this should be able to get the best of current gen (1440/60hz) and Series X (120hz) without paying extra for 144hz which, as stated in my last reply, would only be useful for Gaming PCs and
    not consoles.

Hope this info helps you decide which monitor to go with and has helped in any way to make things a little clearer in regards to why the settings may be working the way they are.

Stay safe and Happy Gaming!

XBA
  6. ENDWARO7 Win User

Getting the most from Xbox One X & My Monitor

HDMI is not limited to 60hz though. It can do 120hz 4K.
Thema:

HDMI issue when changing games/from 60hz to 120hz

1. HDMI issue when changing games/from 60hz to 120hz - Similar Threads - HDMI issue changing

2. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  6. HDMI ISSUES

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI ISSUES: my hdmi port looks to be in good shape,but i'm not getting a signal aa284dcd-7a68-4c0c-8ac6-95b9b07a3359
  7. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  8. HDMI issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI issues: hi i need help with something one day my xbox just cut off and i waited months to play again and it started working. But I can only play certain games now and when i try to pls something else then...
  9. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  10. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...