HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

Discus and support HDMI cec no longer works after latest update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/No-Law6486, Apr 24, 2024.

1. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I can think of. My tv is a lg oled c9 and everything else hooked up to it the cec functions as it should. Anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

submitted by /u/No-Law6486
    [link] [comments]

/u/No-Law6486, Apr 24, 2024
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider]

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey EdzioEd, how are you today? Hope you're well.

A few insiders have reported this issue after the latest update. But in that case, we advise reporting this issue on the insiders' hub app on the console or PC app. But since it's happening on the console, I advise you report it on the insiders' hub on the console.
  3. EdzioEd Win User

Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider]

Hey Thanks!

Well guess that DID help, at least i know it's not a ME thing.

I assume its related to the new "switch between TV and XBOX" command in there.

Either way i'll report and wait! Thanks!
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox One HDMI CEC

translation

Good afternoon.

Please return HDMI CEC, after the last update, this function has disappeared, it is very convenient.

Thank you in advance!
    xbox does not support hdmi cec, but it controls tv's via infrared, check to see if this is still setup on your console and re programme if needed.

xbox не поддерживает hdmi cec, но контролирует ТВ через ИК-порт, проверьте, все ли еще настроено на вашей консоли, и перепрограммируйте, если необходимо.

5. AsHperson Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

Just any random device? How does this work extensively? Does this just enable CEC on the primary HDMI out or is there some weird trick to plugging in my receiver to the HDMI in on the xbox and the input turns into the output but with HDMI CEC?
  6. Rostom L Win User

HDMI - CEC is not working

Hi there!

To confirm, did it work just fine before on your current TV?

Please check the link below if it's setup correctly on your console. Check the troubleshooting section as well.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Other option would be to perform a factory reset. You can keep your games and apps for that.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
Thema:

HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

1. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update - Similar Threads - HDMI cec longer

2. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  3. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  4. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  5. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  6. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  7. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  8. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  9. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring: Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders. Eight...
  10. HDMI - CEC is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    HDMI - CEC is not working: HDMI-CEC is not working except for powering my TV on when the console powers on. I have the option enabled on the Series X console and TV. Tried multiple HDMI cables and reboots, unplugging and...