HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

Discus and support HDMI-CEC broken since last update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vile80r, Jun 24, 2024 at 1:42 AM.

1. Vile80r
    Vile80r Guest

I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone.

Meanwhile, HDMI-CEC still works flawlessly with PS4, PS5, and a very old Apple TV box. When will this be fixed?

:)

2. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox One HDMI CEC

translation

Good afternoon.

Please return HDMI CEC, after the last update, this function has disappeared, it is very convenient.

Thank you in advance!
    xbox does not support hdmi cec, but it controls tv's via infrared, check to see if this is still setup on your console and re programme if needed.

xbox не поддерживает hdmi cec, но контролирует ТВ через ИК-порт, проверьте, все ли еще настроено на вашей консоли, и перепрограммируйте, если необходимо.

3. Marrion_Y Win User

Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

Hi x Jimity x,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concern about the broken HDMI-CEC functionality on your Xbox Series X. I understand how frustrating it can be to experience issues with your device, especially when it affects your overall entertainment experience.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that the issue is related to a software bug that occurred after a system software update in August 2020. It is possible that the remote codes for your TV and receiver are missing in the Xbox Series X software, which is causing the issue.

Considering that you have tried all the possible troubleshooting needed to address the issue, I would recommend reaching out to our lXbox live support for us to further investigate the issue and for further assistance. You can reach them through these steps:

1. Go to: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)
    3. If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.
    4. Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.
    5. Click Contact us
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.
    8. On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.

If still you are unable to reach our live support through those steps above, go back to this page: Contact us | Xbox Support then select the Ask a question option under Try our virtual agent section and enter this exact phrase: Talk to an agent.

Here are some articles that may also be helpful:

- How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

- Set up your Xbox Series X|S console | Xbox Support

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  4. x Jimity x Win User

Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

I'm mostly time poor over the next couple of days, however will be sure to request a call (online chat doesn't appear to be available to me) by the end of the week.
  5. Coreldan Win User

Xbox One Passthrough work when off?

I don't know what anynet is, nor do I know if "HDMI control" and HDMI-CEC are the same thing, but HDMI-CEC is supported according to MS.
  6. under_scored Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

I believe the Xbox one/360 line should be updated to support CEC
    Not happening. IR only.

Minor workaround: plug a device with CEC into your Xbox's HDMI input. When you turn it on, your CEC supported display(s) should change inputs.
Thema:

1. HDMI-CEC broken since last update. - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC broken

2. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  3. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  4. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  5. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  6. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  7. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  8. Is hdmi cec still broken on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is hdmi cec still broken on Series X?: Ok, so fellow gamers and ambassadors, please help me out: Hdmi cec is not working properly with my SX since day one. On the original Xbox One and Xbox One X, it used to power up the TV and amp...
  9. Hdmi CEC is broken please fix (alpha skip ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Hdmi CEC is broken please fix (alpha skip ahead): the powering on/off tv via xbox (HDMI CEC) stopped working in latest alpha skip ahead meaning wroked before but the latest update (as of may 17th) doesn't let me enable on the xbox one s please...
  10. Latest Xbox Update (Xbox Series X) HDMI-CEC Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Xbox Update (Xbox Series X) HDMI-CEC Broken: Firstly, please let me know if I need to call support to make them aware of this problem. Since the last update I've been fighting with my Xbox Series X turning on my AV receiver and TV no...