HDD issues

Discus and support HDD issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi got a new 120gb hdd and tranfer cable as well. When i plugged it in I could only use 32gb of it, I checked it on my pc it got 111gb free. I tried 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HappyG01, Feb 16, 2014.

1. HappyG01
    HappyG01 Guest

HDD issues

Hi got a new 120gb hdd and tranfer cable as well. When i plugged it in I could only use 32gb of it, I checked it on my pc it got 111gb free. I tried 2 formate it but tat option does not appear on the xbox memory storage, device option. I replaced my hdd
    in the 360 with it to see if it work but it comes up with no storage device detected. I cleared the system so there nothing on it now, but wen I check it on storage device the option I have is configure now up to 32 gb (it is seen as configure usb device)
    is there anyway for me to formate so I use the whole 120gb

:)

HappyG01, Feb 16, 2014
  2. Claptrap
    Claptrap Guest
    My Dashboard Is Slow

Yeah, it sounds like HDD issues or maybe overheating... since you're getting someone to check the HDD, wait for them to tell you if it's messed up or not. If it isn't the HDD, look into possible overheating issues...

Claptrap, Feb 16, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    HDD issues

Is the data transfer cable the official Microsoft cable or some third party cable?

EggsBoxJuan, Feb 16, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

HDD issues

It sounds like you may have a third party cable. This is a known issue with those types of cables. Basically what's happened is that your hard drive has been formatted to be used as a flash drive and not as a 360 hard drive as intended. Unfortunately, there
    is no way to reformat it to it's original state.

Smwutches, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

HDD issues