HDD for media went corrupt after using Xbox Insider Dashboard

Discus and support HDD for media went corrupt after using Xbox Insider Dashboard in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm writting this because I have no clue as to exactly what happened to my HDD for media and how to fix it. Here's the scenario: I entered the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aKIRALE0, Jul 14, 2023.

1. /u/aKIRALE0
    /u/aKIRALE0 Guest

I'm writting this because I have no clue as to exactly what happened to my HDD for media and how to fix it. Here's the scenario:

1. I entered the Xbox Insider program on beta ring to try the new dashboard for my Xbox Series X

2. I reset the console just like they told me and reentered my account.

3. Once done, I can play as usual. Once i connected my Western Digital 4Tb HDD for Media it prompted me that notification for my media drive and I chose again "Use for Media". I restarted the console.

4. After that, the console went nuts and crazy slow. I couldn't even enter Settings app nor hitting the power off button from the UI. So I managed to power with the main button on the console and restarted it. Problem persists. i ended up resetitng again the console all over again.

5. Checking back my HDD on my PC, it seems the same thing is happening on my computer! it even got stuck and I managed to restart it with a hard reset. So I guess some update happened in the new dashboard from the Insider program pretty much corrupted my drive.

6. However. If I enter my drive trhough an Android device (different OS), i can see my captures!!! And over the past week Luckily I managed to save every single capture to another drive.

7. Now I'm trying to reformat but again, it doesn't even allow me to enter on Disk Management, and even on Android I have issues because of course Android doesn't sahre the partition tech from Microsoft that is NTFS, It actually can only copy data, not paste or format. So I'm trying to find ways because I can't seem to find my issue anywhere on the internet!

- A Possible way out. I'm thinking on installing a free linux based OS on my pc, considering Android did red my drive. However that will be A hassle for me honestly.... Feel free to leave a comment if you know anything. Feel free to comment and assist, because I still have no clue!

submitted by /u/aKIRALE0
    [link] [comments]

/u/aKIRALE0, Jul 14, 2023
  2. JLDUNC Win User

Possible HDD problem? Running slow and freezing...

I recently went through what sounds like this kind of issue on my Xbox slim with my HDD. It started out exactly how you are describing and then it changed into a bigger issue. After it started freezing several times during game play, it then started to
    freeze right as the dashboard was loading upon start up. I contacted XBOX support on multiple occasions during this time to work on troubleshooting the issue. We tried several things, but then discussion changed toward the fact that the issue may be directly
    related to the HDD possibly being corrupted. I'm not saying that yours is, but it may be something to pay close attention to. I ended up having to use another drive configured for the Xbox to transfer some game saves and such and then had to purchase a new
    HDD. Even after wiping everything off the old HDD and reformatting, it still would not work to boot up.
  3. Frathos Win User

Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

What are you using the external HDD for (Games & Apps or External Captures)? Are you in the Dashboard Preview program?

If External Captures and yes to Dashboard Preview then please use the report feature of the Xbox Insider app to let them know about your issue. My console is in Preview Alpha and I noticed that the last update seems to have affected how it sees my External
    Capture HDD.

If your console isn't in Dashboard Preview then try connecting your HDD to a computer to see if it's recognized there. It may be a coincidence however unfortunately HDD'S do die eventually.
  4. taidara Win User

XBOX Live Connection/Disconnection Issues

Did this start after the latest dashboard update or before? If so you can try delete and reinstall the dashboard.

In the storage options where it list all your storage devices press X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

Also, search the HDD for any corrupted files.
  5. DerVaddi Win User

Microsoft Store Games Coming To Steam

hi.

i think we must wait for the e3 media briefing. or the inside xbox show after the media briefing.
  6. EddieFonzarelli Win User

Flagged/Banned Accused of Piracy? Forza4

so i took the disc back today and exchanged it, have yet to try it at home but perhaps some will find this information useful:

While at the store (Microplay, Ottawa, Canada) the clerk allowed me to use the 'corrupted' disc in conjunction with my 60G HDD on a display console. My 60G HDD has both the recent Dashboard update AND the forza 4 title update on it.

When i inserted the 'corrupted' disk the console prompted me to update the dashboard (presumably this info is on the F4 disk as the display console is not connected to XBlive).

After doing so I played F4 without error for roughly 25 minutes. This lead me to believe it was a problem with my console.

BUT

If it is indeed my console, then why does Forza 4 work on my console, without error, when I use my 20GB HDD?

SO

The problem is not isolated to any one thing.

NOT My console

NOT either one of my HDD's

NOT the game disk in question

NOT Title Update 1

but maybe the XBox live enabled version of the dashboard update(the one we we're all prompted to accept this past week.

WTH is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Thema:

1. HDD for media went corrupt after using Xbox Insider Dashboard - Similar Threads - HDD media went

2. Xbox Series S only recognizes external HDD as a Media Drive/ No Formatting Option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S only recognizes external HDD as a Media Drive/ No Formatting Option: Hey All, I recently bought a Toshiba Canvio Ready Portable External Hard Drive 1TB and I plugged it into my Xbox Series S to store last gen games. I saw on various videos when you plug in an...
  3. External HDD for Media Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External HDD for Media Storage: I have a LaCie Rugged Mini 5TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD that I want to use as a media storage device. I originally had it formatted as NTFS but had the same problem (keep reading). I...
  4. XBox One S - Ext HDD Media Storage limitations?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - Ext HDD Media Storage limitations?: Goal: Connect 5TB ext HDD filled with MP4s and MKVs Tests: - First I connected a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus (STDR4000100) to my XBox One S that had 2.36TB full of movies. Ran perfectly. Call this...
  5. Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD: I just want to know that if Xbox one X can play 4k HDR dolby atoms and DTS HD media files from USB Flash drive and Internal HDD?? Can it play iso s of bluray videos disks kept on USB Flash and...
  6. should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD: can you add a part where you can copy/move captures from internal HDD to an external media HDD. 980d45b4-5962-493c-9ab7-97446a0ecf76
  7. Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage.: Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage. What is the problem? 292ecfc9-51a0-4faf-947d-e894561519cd
  8. system media player wont detect usb disks/hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    system media player wont detect usb disks/hdd: after update my xbox one wont detect any usb flash drives ir external hdd.i use them for only movies.it wont detect my flash drive 16g usb2.0,wont detect my usb 3.0 1t hdd or my 1t usb 2.0 hdd.....
  9. Xbox unable to read media files beyond 2TB in 4TB external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to read media files beyond 2TB in 4TB external HDD: I have a 4TB external HDD plugged onto my xbox one (1TB with 80GB space left). My external HDD is filled up with approx 2TB data. Now the new video files that i add on the external hdd is not...
  10. Media Player not recognising External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player not recognising External HDD: MICROSOFT DOESN'T CARE. IM DONE. THIS IS GARBAGE. JUST BOUGHT A 4 TB XBOX ONE EDITION SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. THANKS ALOT XBOX ONE FOR *** ME OVER AGAIN. 324db7f2-4aa8-45a2-89bb-0f2e7a5c97ca