HDD Causing my Xbox to continually reset itself

Discus and support HDD Causing my Xbox to continually reset itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 Slim 4gb with a 250gb Xbox HDD and I've used less than 100gb on my HDD and today when I went to download a demo, my Xbox begins a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrabCorr RAAAWR, Jan 23, 2014.

1. HDD Causing my Xbox to continually reset itself

I have an Xbox 360 Slim 4gb with a 250gb Xbox HDD and I've used less than 100gb on my HDD and today when I went to download a demo, my Xbox begins a perpetual loop by resetting itself within twenty seconds of turning itself back on. What's so frustrating
    about this is that I'm well aware that all I need to do to fix the problem is clear up some space on my HDD (which I think is a bit ridiculous since it claims to have over 150gb free but thats not my main problem) yet I can't because my Xbox resets itself
    before I can get to the Storage part of the Xbox menu. I know it's the HDD because my Xbox works fine without it but this doesn't help me with my games as all of my saved files are on the HDD. I found a forum that posted what seemed to be the exact same
    problem, but the solution provided was only to get a new HDD; I don't want to buy a new one, as all of my saved data is on mine one plus I can easily solve the problem by deleting data on my current HDD, I just cannot access the HDD storage to do so.

I've had this problem before and was able to fix it after muchr grueling trial-and-error and have tried to reenact the same process yet it doesn't seem to work this time. I should add that when the Xbox turns on and asks me to choose a profile to sign into,
    the Xbox will continue to stay on, but the moment I do any other action, it only takes a few seconds before my Xbox clicks and resets itself. Please help otherwise my next problem with my Xbox is that I will need a new controller.

:)

CrabCorr RAAAWR, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 won't load apps - error 8015000A

unfortunate to hear this issue, but it might not be the Xbox itself, the hdd could have a corrupt file and be causing the issue, unfortunately you would need to get a second hdd to find out if this was the case

Itilianm0nst0r, Jan 23, 2014
  3. REEFIS
    REEFIS Guest
    Hard Drive cause unreadable disc errors and other issues

I am wondering if the hdd I have had since 05 is causing me issues or it's my Xbox itself. With the hdd installed I boot Halo 4 and after the 3 loading screens the unreadable disc message. I remove the hdd, no issues, and no issues using a USB drive either.
    Similiar issue with playing games installed on hard drive. They almost always get dirty disc messages. Even when installing to USB I've gotten the same pop up. With Halo 4 I've been able to play online multiplayer but some maps do not load and cause he game
    to reset. I've gotten the 2nd halo 4 to boot up with the hdd installed and copied the war games to the hard drive. Now every 1 in 10 tries the Halo 4 disc 1 does boot and I tried playing these maps that usually don't load and it starts to load, freezes a little
    and then I get unreadable disc message. I really want to know if it's likely the hdd itself or my xbox that's causing these problems before I go buy a new hdd to try.

REEFIS, Jan 23, 2014
  4. fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Guest

It's not a space issue, it doesn't matter how much space is left it should still work fine, I have less than 20GB free and there's no problems. Your hard drive is dying and needs to be replaced. The good news is that the hard drive can be plugged into
    a computer and you can save the data that way (assuming the drive still works well enough to do that), the bad news is that will likely void the warranty on the new drive and I don't know of any steps to do that properly.

fredgiblet, Jan 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: