HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor

Discus and support HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've read other threads on HDCP issues affecting Bluray playback, the solution from Microsoft always seems to be "Use our original cable" however my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eugene_fraxby, Nov 26, 2014.

1. HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor

I've read other threads on HDCP issues affecting Bluray playback, the solution from Microsoft always seems to be "Use our original cable"

however my xbox is plugged into a Dell monitor using a 3rd party hdmi to dvid cable, which works just fine, except when I want to watch a bluray

would love to hear from support that there is a workaround that DOESN'T involve getting a new TV, unless Microsoft want to spend some of their billions and send me a brand new 50" 4k set HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor :eek:)

a

:)

eugene_fraxby, Nov 26, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    HDMI DOENST WORK ANYMORE AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE(14719)

[quote user="Winterstar"]Actually, using a HDMI to DVI adapter does cause an HDCP error[/quote]It should not unless the monitor does not support HDCP. I have a console hooked up to a monitor that supports HDCP over DVI via a HDMI to DVI adapter. No issues.
    The Display settings even show 1920x1080 and DVI on the 360.

IceStorm III, Nov 26, 2014
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    HDMI issue specifically with 360

HDMI & HDCP need a stable Data Stream to keep the Handshake & smooth playback on any supported device... If the Pixel Clock Rate, (which determines Data Throughput/Bandwidth), is interrupted, you Will have HDMI/HDCP issues..

Seeing how it's been stated multiple times, that an Xbox 360 is running, HDMI v1.2 @ 165MHz & the TV is running HDMI v1.3/v1.4 @ 340MHz, it can cause issues with HDCP or HDMI in General..

The Pixel Clock Rate controls the speed at which the Data stream is Digitally Encoded/Decoded etc..

OCRyzen, Nov 26, 2014
  4. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI DOENST WORK ANYMORE AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE(14719)

[quote user="Winterstar"]Actually, using a HDMI to DVI adapter does cause an HDCP error[/quote]It should not unless the monitor does not support HDCP. I have a console hooked up to a monitor that supports HDCP over DVI via a HDMI to DVI adapter. No issues.
    The Display settings even show 1920x1080 and DVI on the 360.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

HDMI & HDCP need a stable Data Stream to keep the Handshake & smooth playback on any supported device... If the Pixel Clock Rate, (which determines Data Throughput/Bandwidth), is interrupted, you Will have HDMI/HDCP issues..

Seeing how it's been stated multiple times, that an Xbox 360 is running, HDMI v1.2 @ 165MHz & the TV is running HDMI v1.3/v1.4 @ 340MHz, it can cause issues with HDCP or HDMI in General..

The Pixel Clock Rate controls the speed at which the Data stream is Digitally Encoded/Decoded etc..
  6. OCRyzen Win User

It happens with all Xbox 360's, Zacabeb & Obsessive Power, had the same issue while using a HDMI Switch etc.. It's to do with the Handshake being overwritten on the HDMI Switches IC, when you change to another source & it loses the HDCP HandShake.. HDMI
    v1.2 has issues with Non-Dynamic / Non-Error Correcting HDCP & HDMI v1.3 + v1.4 (PS3 or BluRay) doesn't have this issue..
  7. SirStephenH Win User

Use Xbox 360S with DVI monitor

Sounds about right.

Do you know if your monitor is HDCP compliant though? HDCP is a DRM scheme that's built into every modern HDMI and many DVI and DP devices and is used to protect media going over HDMI, DVI, and DP connections. If your monitor isn't HDCP compliant then it
    won't be able to display any protected material. This is usually only a problem with cheap or older TV and monitors.
  8. InesK Win User

My SAMSUNG TV isn't supported???

This typically means that your monitor or TV doesn't support HDCP, which is required to playback Movies & TV experiences. Do you know if your TV supports this?
Thema:

HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor

1. HDCP issues with playback on non-hdmi monitor - Similar Threads - HDCP issues playback

2. Xbox One HDCP Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDCP Error: I cannot watch movies on disc for some reason, I would really like to watch these movies but it always comes up with this error :( I have tried: Multiple HDMI cords Restarting the Console...
  3. Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDCP Issue: It been over two years and I’m still having HDCP issues with my series X on Blu-ray and Disney +. The system is directly connected to an LG OLED GX and a Pioneer VSX-LX305 via eARC. I do not...
  4. How is the HDCP issue not fixed yet?

in XboX Insiders
    How is the HDCP issue not fixed yet?: How is the HDCP issue not fixed yet? What’s the point of having a high performing console that doesn’t consistently playback 4K UHD discs? submitted by /u/DunArame [link] [comments]
  5. HDCP license pull from Xbox Series X causing missing audio capabilities and Atmos lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDCP license pull from Xbox Series X causing missing audio capabilities and Atmos lag: Fair warning...long post from a newbie who has just done a LOT of reading. Also, yeah, im aware i could fix this by dropping another 3-5 grand on different equipment. I aint doin that. Lol HDCP...
  6. How do you get around the HDCP issue?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you get around the HDCP issue?: I recently attempted to watch a DVD on my Series X, but each attempt has resulted in the HDCP issue. I managed to get it tobwork once by turning the TV off and on again, but nothing has worked...
  7. Xbox streaming HDCP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox streaming HDCP: Hi there, since i got my xbox series x I've been unable to watch content on NowTV, Disney+ or any Microsoft services. Nowtv doesn't really give any useful information but Disney+ and the Microsoft...
  8. Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...: Just swapped my Xbox Series X with my Xbox One S and other than the new HDMI cord included with the Series X it’s hooked up exactly the same. However, with the new Xbox HDCP does not seem to be...
  9. HDCP 2.2 right management error Series X, Samsung Hw-K850 Soundbar

in XboX Insiders
    HDCP 2.2 right management error Series X, Samsung Hw-K850 Soundbar: I used the Xbox One S flawlessly since when it was launched with this Soundbar and Dolby Atmos. Now, with the Series X I cannot watch my blurays and 4K blurays. I get HDCP rights management error....
  10. Xbox Series X HDCP 2.2 Handshake issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X HDCP 2.2 Handshake issues: Please look into the HDCP 2.2 issues with the Xbox Series X. I have a Samsung UN65MU7500 and a Samsung HW-K850 sound bar. When trying to play 4K content 25% of the time it will work, the other 75%...