Having weird issues with trying to connect to Xbox live please help!

Discus and support Having weird issues with trying to connect to Xbox live please help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I usually can handle Internet issues for the most part on my own but this one has me stumped.. I am running a direct connection through cat6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlitzQuick, Nov 14, 2014.

1. BlitzQuick
    BlitzQuick Guest

Hey guys, I usually can handle Internet issues for the most part on my own but this one has me stumped.. I am running a direct connection through cat6 Ethernet cable from my modem to my Xbox (modem: Netgear N600 cable and wireless modem c3700). Ever since
    a buddy of mine and I had to turn off the power in my house my Xbox has been extremely fussy with connecting. My issue is every single time I turn the machine on it will not connect to Xbox live and suggest I reset my modem to gain new ip or a DNS can't reach
    xbox server issue (note that all 3 wireless devices an my desktop are running at full connections and really fast no issues or drops). The moment I reSet my modem the xbox figures out what ever it needs and it runs great only until I turn it off again. I have
    tried messing with upnp and MTU sizes had no changes. I have also tried a complete hard reset by holding the xbox main button down to turn it off completely. ocassionally if I fiddle with a ton of settings with out reseting my modem I will test my connection
    and it will tell me "it's all good" so then I run statistics and see i get .009 Mbps download speed and 99% packet loss (Again if I reset the modem it will work great and give me 1%packet and 22mbs download speed). This has been happening to me for about a
    week now and I am having to reset my modem and xbox about 4 times a day which is just crazy. Hopefully someone can help this is getting super fustrating!

:)

BlitzQuick, Nov 14, 2014
  2. xbox please help

hello, i am having difficultly trying to connect to xbox live. i have full connection and when sign in it comes up with a error message saying unable to connect to xbox live. please help asap!!!!

FergerBerger-2F8D3A04-D091-420E-87D3-1AFC85ABB05A, Nov 14, 2014
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Solucion de xbox Live

Hi there Oswaldo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues trying to connect to Xbox Live.

If you have not already, I would check out our
    80072EF3 error code
    page. If you are still having issues not being able to connect, please click the Contact Us link at the bottom of that page and speak with Phone or Chat Support for further assistance as they'll be best equipped to help you sort things
    out.

MisterFizzle, Nov 14, 2014
  4. Having weird issues with trying to connect to Xbox live please help!

I used to have connection problems Turned out port forwarding your Xbox can really help.

I know this isn't a big help but look into it it sounds like your modems firewall is blocking it

LastLoneLeader, Nov 15, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: