Having trouble connecting to wifi

Discus and support Having trouble connecting to wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having issues with connection right now and it's only been today that it has started happening as I was playing on my Xbox console completely fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ✔Anonymous✔., Jan 11, 2024.

1. Having trouble connecting to wifi

I'm having issues with connection right now and it's only been today that it has started happening as I was playing on my Xbox console completely fine last night, and now today I try and load up my console and I'm met with a problem, my WiFi connection keeps connecting, reconnecting then not connecting at all, I've googled the problem online and have done everything that people have said on relation to this problem, tried resetting my console many times keeping my apps and data, tried reconnecting to my WiFi with password again also and have tried restarting my WiFi. Nothing seems to be working and I've also checked services outages for Xbox and my network provider and everything looks good on that side so I really don't have any ideas to what is going on..I'm just baffled because it wasnt an issue last night and has only been an issue today. The error message I'm receiving is "You'll need internet for this" and the error code "0x800704CF" if someone could please help me in figuring out the problem and fixing this, id really appreciate it! I just want to get back to playing call of duty with my friends and haven't been able to all day..

:)

✔Anonymous✔., Jan 11, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Anonymous. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

It sounds like there may be a problem with your WiFi or console. I advise trying a LAN cable connection instead if possible. If the issue persists over LAN, or you can not use a LAN cable, you could test a different WiFi network such as a mobile hotspot. This could help isolate the issue.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Aj6627 Win User

can't connect to xbox live

I'm having trouble connecting here in the USA also. I tried wired and wifi.
  4. SeizedKibbles36 Win User

Constantly disconnecting from Xbox Live

Hello.

I've been having this trouble to, this maybe due to the WiFi connection being used up by multiple devices in the household. such as Ipods, Iphones, Ipads, computers, tablets, and much more that use WiFi or is connected by a ether net cable. it is most likely
    sucking your WiFi connection. Suggestion is to disconnect some of the devices from the router and WiFi. If this helps the have a fun gaming time :)
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Xbox Messages Really Slow and Finicky

Have you tried to restart you internet connection. It sound like you are having wifi troubles and not anything to to with xbox or the website itself
  6. Marg0Pol0 Win User

Can't Stay Connected?

Are you connected via WiFi or a LAN connection? It could be one of many issues. The first thing to comes to mind is a NAT issue. I had a lot of trouble with it with my college's WiFi. Is there a yellow exclamation showing in the connection test?
Thema:

1. Having trouble connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - Having trouble connecting

2. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  3. having trouble with malfunctioning issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with malfunctioning issue.: Im having a weird issue with all my controller having this issue where the audio lags very bad and the controller can start to malfunction and restart itself and the audio will be really choppy...
  4. I am having some password troubles

in XboX Insiders
    I am having some password troubles: Hello! I have had an Xbox series s I believe for about five years now and I was lucky enough to get the Xbox series x. Unfortunately I do not know the password for the email to be able to transfer...
  5. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  6. Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.: My Xbox says that it is connected to my wi-fi. However, it is not connecting to the Xbox network, so I cannot play online, connect to the store, connect to the game pass, etc. If I connect to my...
  7. I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account that I connected my PS4 Bedrock...: I have seen some videos of how to fix my account, going as far as to delete the game, and the saved data on my PS4, but I am skeptical since I have a world I have worked on for 3 maybe 4 years, I...
  8. Having a LOT of trouble w connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a LOT of trouble w connection: I’ve been having connectivity issues for months with my Xbox. In fact, I had even purchased a newer model recently in hopes of this issue stopping. Whether I am playing a game, watching YouTube or...
  9. My Xbox One keeps having trouble connecting to the internet even though my internet is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One keeps having trouble connecting to the internet even though my internet is...: I got a Wi-Fi extender to see if my Xbox was out of range but I keep having the same issue. I’ve tried multiple different solutions; hard resetting my console, wiping everything off my console and...
  10. I'm having trouble connecting my PC to my Xbox it keeps on asking for the pin which I put in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble connecting my PC to my Xbox it keeps on asking for the pin which I put in: It keeps asking me to put in my PIN on my laptop as a security question as I set up a pin which I put in and it keeps them saying incorrect if you can sort this issue for me...