Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

Discus and support Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DerangedMother, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child account was revamped to be linked to my adult email, birthdate,
    etc etc, all the free game codes and the promotional golden xbox pass remained with the now-adult account.

the only way the kid can get those games is if I leave the adult account signed in. however if the kid just signs out, then hey presto! the adult account is available. It is on complete lockdown in terms of password details so kid shouldn't be able to
    buy anything. however 18 content is immediately accessible.

If I were to limit the content on the adult account, could the kid change those settings if the account is left signed in.

:)

DerangedMother, Sep 15, 2019
  2. chris kuneshsy Win User

XBox Parent Account

Thanks for the information. I'm running into a hurdle with removing the parent account because the Game pass is associated with that account. I have generated a new organizer account within the Family but currently will not let me modify billing or payment. Is it possible to transfer the Game Pass account to the new Parent account? Then I would be able to remove all payment and billing from previous parent account (future child account).

Thanks,
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with adult account - can transfer??

Hello DerangedMother!

Be sure to come back to us to let us know how it all turned out.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. Smwutches Win User

Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with adult account - can transfer??

If you set the console as your Home console, it will allow you to share the gold and games without having to leave the adult account signed in. https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If the account is left signed in, then yes, they could potentially change the settings.
  5. AridLizard Win User

6. Jacyintha Win User

Family Pack Error: Please try again later when trying to add another profile

That usually means they have an account where the birthday marks it as a child. Every child account has to have a parent account attached to it. It is having troubles adding it to the Family Pack because the parent account slot is already taken.

~

If this is the case, you have to disassociate the child/parent account setup. This does require you have the parent account downloaded to a console. If you do not know what account is the pre-existing parental account, sign into the problematic profile on
    the console, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Change Settings. It doesn't matter what you change, just change something and try to save the change. It should pop up the parental account's email because it needs parental permission to make the change.

~

That process gives you the email. If you do not have the password, that will have to be reset at
    account.live.com/.../reset

~

If you do have the password, download the parent account to the console, navigate to Settings and this time select Family. The child account should show up on a second panel (much like your existing Family Pack members); selecting the child should give you
    the option to Remove from Family.

Once the child has been removed from the family, you will be able to add it to the Family Pack.

~

~

Please Note: once this has been done, the child's profile will not be usable until a parent account has been associated with it.

If the child's account is more than 3-4 years old, you may have problems with the pre-existing parent account. Gamertags were only automatically assigned to parent accounts when the Family Packs were released in 2010. If it was associated before then, this
    process will create a Gamertag for the parent account that will not show the child as part of the family. There is not a way around this as far as I am aware.
Thema:

Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

1. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with... - Similar Threads - Having reset child

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  4. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  5. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  6. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b
  7. I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...: I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time in a sign in page and then go back again to home page can anyone sort it...
  8. I have an Xbox that says an error and I've tried to reset it and it's a touch front and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox that says an error and I've tried to reset it and it's a touch front and...: I've tried to press and hold the buttons but it's like it doesn't register it and I can't reset it its an error code for an update but it's up to date already. bfd26341-d2ad-4ed1-b7a4-7ac28d683881
  9. My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...: My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too but nothing is working please help me a7c364c5-8e00-42a3-9d5e-1e2e8ffda0f3
  10. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...