Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...

Discus and support Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm living in Spain, but have relatives in the Philippines, I'm trying to buy Minecraft Java and Bedrock for my younger cousin in the Philippines, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lt. Robin, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Lt. Robin
    Lt. Robin Guest

Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...

I'm living in Spain, but have relatives in the Philippines, I'm trying to buy Minecraft Java and Bedrock for my younger cousin in the Philippines, and for that I've gone to:

https://www.xbox.com/en-PH/games/store/minecraft-java-bedrock-edition-for-pc/9NXP44L49SHJ/0010 because I've read that games are region locked.

I choose the version of the game I want, then click the 3 dots on the side and select "buy as gift". Then I enter his Microsoft account email in the "sending gift to" section, and my name in the other box "sender name". The next step's window is this: "Add profile address" I don't click on add profile address (when I do it takes me to the same next page) and just click next, so it takes me to the next next step: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5ecugHEDQjrB5EMc1TSnI8zsPQHzKA3/view?usp=sharing but as you can see here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Le2JIr87GyH5KDVQzddEIw2g3KaU0NLV/view?usp=sharing

the country on this address page is locked to the Philippines, but it wants my address. I don't live in the Philippines so how do I buy this for my cousin?

Btw this is the most complicated and convoluted way to purchase something in history. Just take my money.

:)

Lt. Robin, Jul 7, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in the Philippines.

Unfortunately Microsoft does not disclose the specific reasons.

I'm glad the information was helpful, have a great day.
  3. Janet_C Win User

Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in the Philippines.

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration, unfortunately it is not possible to buy a game as a gift from another country, the buyer and the person receiving the game must be in the same country.

The only viable option is to give him the money the game costs somehow and have him make the purchase from his own account.

Best regards.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

The internet is not international when it comes to copyright and the ability to distribute things

For example, in Europe, 6 different companies own the rights to Lord of the Rings

Another example: GTA and COD are distributed by Capcom in Japan, not Rockstar/Activision, and they need to make sure Japanese purchases go to them
  5. Lt. Robin Win User

Well thank you for your reply, at least you've saved me the rest of the afternoon of headaches with trying different methods, I tried going to Minecraft.net too but that didn't work. That's really annoying, I wonder why they've set it like that. The internet is supposed to be international. This is so unnecessarily complicated.

But yeah thank you for answering.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Syncing Purchases to PC from Console

Hi ID, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

No, if you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4 and link your Microsoft account with your PS4 account, it will not sync the purchase with the accounts. Minecraft Bedrock purchases are tied to the platform on which they are made. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PC, you will only be able to play it on PC. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4, you will only be able to play it on PS4.

However, there is an exception to this rule. If you buy Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you will also be able to play Minecraft Bedrock on your mobile device. This is because Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock are compatible with the "Minecraft Live" feature.

If you just want to play the Minecraft you paid for on your PC, you don't need to buy Minecraft Bedrock for PS4. You can download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition from the Minecraft website.

Here are some steps to download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition:

Visit the Minecraft website.
    Click on the "Download Minecraft" button.
    Select "Minecraft: Java Edition".
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
    Once you have downloaded Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be able to play it on your PC.

I hope my answer was helpful and clarified your doubts. do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problem. have a nice day.

Oskayra
Thema:

1. Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in... - Similar Threads - Having problems purchasing

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar: When someone invites me to a voice chat I would join the voice chat but it keeps saying connecting forever without doing anything but if I host a voice chat it would connect just fine I have even...
  4. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  5. Guys i need help, im having xbox problems

in XboX Insiders
    Guys i need help, im having xbox problems: I know this is unrelated but im at a loss end here, i recently put in a new hdmi port and put it back together, its been sitting for a few months before i fixed it and i go to turn it on, it...
  6. Hellblade 2 I have a problem with the achievements

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hellblade 2 I have a problem with the achievements: played Hellblade 2 and finished it. I have a problem with the achievements. I did not obtain the last 3 achievements. What is the reason, knowing that I did everything required of me to obtain...
  7. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  8. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  9. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  10. hello i have an problem with 1 of the purchased product

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello i have an problem with 1 of the purchased product: Purchased Product is an game Sea of Thieves it was purchased in 20 of june 2020 and science 2021 or even earlier (dont remember corectly sry) game refuses to lauch i bought it in steam,when i try...