Having problem in downloading games in subscription [Pc Game Pass]

Discus and support Having problem in downloading games in subscription [Pc Game Pass] in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought your subscription for ease yet it is not working properly. Whenever I download any game, such as Forza Horizon 4 or 5, I get notified to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rayyan Umer, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Rayyan Umer
    Rayyan Umer Guest

I have bought your subscription for ease yet it is not working properly. Whenever I download any game, such as Forza Horizon 4 or 5, I get notified to update it but then it starts to install the whole game again. After it is run for 1 time and the computer is shut down, booting the system again renders the deletion of the whole data and requires the Re-Installment of the whole game again. I have also viewed many reviews suggesting a similar problem.

:)

Rayyan Umer, Jul 20, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Rayyan Umer Win User

Sorry, Couldn't respond as I didn't happen to get time. The issue was resolved the next day.

Thanks a lot
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Rayyan Umer,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to play Forza Horizon 4 and 5 and was notified to update the game which causes it to reinstall the whole game. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Before we get started with any troubleshooting, we would like to ask for few details:

1. Since this was added under Xbox on Windows, may we ask if your PC is Windows 10 or 11? Is this connected to a domain?
    2. May we ask if your account still have active Xbox Game Pass subscription through this link: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions.
    3. Can we ask where did you updated the game, is it through Xbox app or Microsoft Store?
    4. Are you having issues installing update or installing new game in your PC?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

1. Restart device -
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
    2. Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
        • Settings > Update & Security (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 11) > Check for updates > download updates and install > restart device and wait for the update to be done.
      • If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
    3. Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Make sure you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials.
    5. (EA App) Close both Xbox app and EA app and relaunch the Xbox app.
    6. Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command one at a time, press enter and wait:
        get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
        start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
      • Restart your device and try to install the game again
    Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. II DIDIER II Win User

Game Pass Ultimate Issue

Hello KillerZevy

It is necessary to verify what type of Gam Pass subscription you have, there are 3 types of subscriptions:

-Game Pass (for XBOX)

-Game Pass (for PC)

-Game Pass Ultimate (PC & XBOX)

In your case you could only download games if you have any of the subscriptions necessary to play on PC.

To download the Game Pass games, you can use the application for android or iphone. You can also access the microsof sotre store directly by logging in with your account that have a Game Pass subscription and download the contentto your PC directly from
    the
    Microsoft Store
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

I've subscribed, but I am unable to download games on PC and my nephew cannot play online.

Hello SwagmasterC,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Can you verify whether or not you are still experiencing this problem?

Have you tried signing out the account with the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and then signing back into the console? When you are downloading or trying to download the games on to PC through your Game Pass Ultimate subscription, are you downloading them through the Xbox app on PC?

Let us know as these answers will help us during investigation.
Thema:

1. Having problem in downloading games in subscription [Pc Game Pass] - Similar Threads - Having problem downloading

2. I have a problem downloading forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem downloading forza horizon 5: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 from the Microsoft store as well as the Xbox app on my pc but the download won't even start. I have tried every single solution I could find on the...
  3. Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...: I have a problem with downloading and updating several games that I can not download or update them gives me an error with the code 0x87e0012c 58d55dd6-5aaa-494e-973a-5ea8e0e613f5
  4. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  5. cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..: Hi, completely logged out and remove my account from my Xbox. I am now trying to download the profile again, when I put my name and password in, it goes to download it immediately. It then tells...
  6. Im having the same problem as the other too people with trying to download the season pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im having the same problem as the other too people with trying to download the season pass...: It says i have the season pass and all the maps are free but when i go to download em it won't let me saying premium content is blocked 7c2aa036-46f1-4ea0-a608-20be16a3a8ee
  7. Hello, I have a problem and when I download minecraft I notice that it does not let me play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I have a problem and when I download minecraft I notice that it does not let me play...: [img] Error interno. Nombre: NO_SUCH_VERSION Detalles del error: Invalid version typ When it's time to go to facilities in the minecraft java part, nothing comes out, the following comes out: no...
  8. Hi am having a problem with dead island 2 not downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi am having a problem with dead island 2 not downloading: Having a problem with dead island 2 not downloading 6164dd36-39d2-4ec5-94cd-2ba13c7cef6d
  9. I have downloaded a digital game in my Xbox I have tried all problem solve but still not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have downloaded a digital game in my Xbox I have tried all problem solve but still not...: Hi I have downloaded a digital game and it won't play it keeps crashing I have tried all the problem solving and still do t work how can I get a refund for this please...
  10. I have a problem with the downloads on xbox 360. I try to download red dead redemption and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem with the downloads on xbox 360. I try to download red dead redemption and...: I have a problem with the downloads on xbox 360. I try to download red dead redemption and when I finish the download it says that an error has occurred with the download....