Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...

Discus and support Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my xbox one several months ago and I have had almost no problems with it until about two months ago. If I have my xbox on Instant Startup,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cameron x Star, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...

I bought my xbox one several months ago and I have had almost no problems with it until about two months ago.

If I have my xbox on Instant Startup, sometimes when I power it down then come back again later it won't launch any games or apps. When I click on one it just maximizes the cover art to full screen but won't move on from there. When I hit the menu button
    on it the option to "quit" is there but choosing that option doesn't do anything and it doesn't disappear either. If I try launching another app nothing happens at all, no maximized cover art, nothing.

If I try shutting down my xbox the screen goes black but the power button will just flash forever unless I hard reset (hold the power button for ten seconds) or unplug it.

Another problem is that sometimes games will unexpectedly freeze or crash and return me to the dashboard. When this happens my controller or xbox is almost completely unresponsive. I try moving around the dashboard but nothing changes and no sounds. I hold
    the guide button on my controller and the "shut down" screen comes up but I still can't select anything. The only solution is a hard reset.

I will also experience random disconnects from my wifi. The game I am playing will say I have been disconnected from Xbox Live and when I check my network it detects my wifi but when I enter my passkey it says it is incorrect even though I know it is correct
    and every other device in my home can connect without any problem. My xbox will shut down as normal unlike the previous two problems but when I turn it on again the problem still persists. So, again, the only solution is a hard reset.

I am certain this is a problem with my xbox and not my wifi, because as I said, no other devices have nay problems and the hard reset corrects it temporarily.

My fourth problem is that sometimes if I shutdown my xbox while a game is running or if I go to the dashboard and return to the game it will either be stuck on an infinite loading screen or it will be pure black. Shutting the game down and restarting it
    works just fine but it is still annoying.

Right now I have had my xbox on power saving mode (longer startup times) for a few days which so far has only eliminated the problem of games and apps refusing to launch. I don't know if it will happen again but so far so good. I have also tried a factory
    reset a few days ago which has not done anything to solve these problems at all.

Sorry for the long post, I wasn't sure if I should split all my problems into several posts or not so I thought I'd put them together for now.

:)

Cameron x Star, Feb 25, 2015
  2. "Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

Yup...same problems with the twitch update. It doesn't broadcast when you try and after that apps won't open and the system won't shut down...have to do a reset by holding the power button.

Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1E3-45BB-9DC1-26103C0A2DCA, Feb 25, 2015
  3. danielgomm
    danielgomm Guest
    the new dashboard started messing with my Xbox a few days ago

I'm having a lot of problems too, my Xbox is connected to the internet but won't run any games or apps online. I do diagnostic and it says everything is fine. If I do eventually manage to load a game the Xbox crashes and turns itself off. I can't do anything
    now as it won't respond to the controller.

danielgomm, Feb 25, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. This is something that happens to a lot of people. I am blaming the cache of the console for the long start ups or games/apps refusing the start. What you should do when this happens is hold the power button on
    the console for 10 seconds until is shuts down. That should fix it for you.

onyxishere, Feb 25, 2015
  5. Thank you for replying but I've already tried what you said. Whenever this happens I can't shut it down normally so the only way is to "hard reset" the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds. I shouldn't have to keep doing this every time there's
    a problem.

Cameron x Star, Feb 27, 2015
  6. Slaten
    Slaten Guest
    I am starting to have this same problem about once a day.

It's pretty annoying.

Slaten, Oct 31, 2018
  7. xXWhiteWolf90Xx Win User

Xbox One Frozen on start screen

I'm ironically having a similar problem. My XBox will launch, but the apps and sign in won't work. All o can successfully do is navigate the main menu.
  8. Sluggage Win User

Unresponsive Netflix app

Are you enrolled on the Xbox Alpha dashboard for the Xbox One? Alpha users are experiencing multiple issues with various apps. Clearing the save data on a few other apps that won't launch sometimes fixes this problem if you aren't enrolled in any dashboard previews.

There is also a problem with the 360 version of the Netflix app recently, although I'm not sure what is causing it. You can try clearing the cache on the internal HDD as well - this solves many problems with apps failing to launch on 360.
  9. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
  10. Slaten Win User

Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut down normally, games crash

I am starting to have this same problem about once a day.

It's pretty annoying.
  11. onyxishere Win User

Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut down normally, games crash

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. This is something that happens to a lot of people. I am blaming the cache of the console for the long start ups or games/apps refusing the start. What you should do when this happens is hold the power button on
    the console for 10 seconds until is shuts down. That should fix it for you.
Thema:

1. Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ... - Similar Threads - Having multiple problems

2. My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...: I don't have a computer to reset it using a USB none of the solutions I have seen online have worked submitted by /u/Mias_mandibles [link] [comments]
  3. Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard (Up and Left) Arrow Keys Unresposive. Have tried multiple...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard (Up and Left) Arrow Keys Unresposive. Have tried multiple...: Greetings Microsoft community, I am having a very hard time trying to fix my keyboard. While its a Razer model "Ornata Chroma" in the Chroma franchise, the up and left arrow keys have suddenly...
  4. I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.: [img] Idk what happened but im kinda running out of storage, i went into Geforce experience and saw my games multiple times. then i just navigated to the folder and this is what im up to now....
  5. Why doesn't the call of duty allow me to play multipler or zombies as have xbox x that made...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the call of duty allow me to play multipler or zombies as have xbox x that made...: Won't allow me to play multiplier or zombies on the mw3 vault upgrade version on my xbox x e381ce0c-de05-4b4e-b8cc-59223ea3f74c
  6. I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.: I need help quickly! I have been trying to recover my account that I lost access to about a year ago for months now, and get the same outcome every time. Every time I try to do the recovery form...
  7. i have enabled Multiple player before joining the world, however when i am in the world ,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have enabled Multiple player before joining the world, however when i am in the world ,...: i have enabled Multiple player before joining the world,but it disabled again when i am in the world 9ac51a62-5170-430f-95f3-830dc5d027ac
  8. I have multiple accounts with stuff on all of them and i dont want to lose anything. is...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have multiple accounts with stuff on all of them and i dont want to lose anything. is...: I have a few different accounts on Xbox and i would like to merge them because of the things i have on each account. for example, the only one I use on a console has a Fortnite account with no...
  9. I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...: I don't know what is going on but when I am playing games and use my joystick (either right or left) to lool around, it will continue turning my player that way even if I have stopped using the...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action: July 19, 2023, receive an email requesting consent for something in Microsoft Family Safety (email contained a lot of text, but no explanation as to why or how to get help). July 20, 2023,...