having issues with HDMI-CEC

Discus and support having issues with HDMI-CEC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by holowun, Aug 6, 2023.

1. holowun
    holowun Guest

Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24 hours. Have factory reset the Xbox, TV and av receiver to no avail. Any ideas? TIA.

Xbox One S

Yamaha RX-V471 receiver

Samsung PN5D530A3FXZA TV (not smart)

:)

holowun, Aug 6, 2023
  2. holowun Win User

After factory reset, everything is set up the way it was before and still nothing. TV and receiver both are set up as they should be. I've tried every troubleshoot I can find.

Last update was 7/19, and no updates are available after that.

So frustrated.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Hello Holowun, my name is zahir, a independent advisor.

Have you tried to replace the hdmi cables?
    Try diffrent cable and test, let us know if it works.

Also on samsung smart tv go to setting and universal remote and add the xbox again
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Please tell me, how do you want to controll the xbox, how was the settings before, did the xbox turn on the tv?
  5. holowun Win User

Yeah, seems that way. Alright, thank you for all your help.
  6. holowun Win User

Xbox>receiver>TV

Settings to turn on and off both receiver and TV when Xbox turned on or off accordingly.

Haven't changed settings since I initially set it up, about a year or so ago.

Only thing that changed was the 24 hour power outage. Got power back on, and now this doesn't work.
Thema:

1. having issues with HDMI-CEC - Similar Threads - having issues HDMI

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone having an xbox network issue??

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having an xbox network issue??: Hello guys Is anyone experiencing a network issue ? The problem started a few days ago by not being able to connect to wifi and cant log in to my account , but restarting the console few times...
  7. Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.

in XboX Insiders
    Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.: May i ask why when I updated minecraft just now on. My xbox it's showing with two things if the same game.? I have the disc to minecraft its in perfect condition I've checked nothing is wrong with...
  8. having trouble with malfunctioning issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with malfunctioning issue.: Im having a weird issue with all my controller having this issue where the audio lags very bad and the controller can start to malfunction and restart itself and the audio will be really choppy...
  9. My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I: My right stick drifts up and down in all games. Left stick and d pad are touchy and jump multiple spaces on a single tap. I’ve changed controllers and the issues follow. I looked at forum and see...
  10. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...