Having issues launching games on Gamepass

Discus and support Having issues launching games on Gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Didnt use to have issues but recently this has cropped up. *Problem* Downloading games went fine but launching some games now crop up with a File... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harttmann511, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Harttmann511
    Harttmann511 Guest

Didnt use to have issues but recently this has cropped up.

*Problem*

Downloading games went fine but launching some games now crop up with a

File System Error (-1069586941)

I thought this might be an antivirus issue or a Corrupt gaming services or something.

Ran CommandPrompt, Ran Check chkdsk

So i did the whole, Uninstall and Reinstalling of the XBOX app.

Opened up apps and repaired, Reset and Repaired again.

Open up windows power shell and ran the command to reinstall gaming services.

Resetted and Repaired the Windows gamebar as well just in case.

Everything else was more or less fine aside from that error.

I grabbed my User Testbed, Fresh User. No installs or anything and i can install and play the games there fine but not on my Main User account for windows.

So im kinda thinking, Whats wrong here? I tried googling the system error and i got Zero hits for solutions.

:)

Harttmann511, Aug 10, 2023
  2. melanie brown2 Win User

hi. im mel and i am an independent consultant. a solution ive managed to find online is this- go to the offline permissions" setting in the general tab of the xbox app settings. Once you enabled it hopefully games have should open perfectly.
  3. Harttmann511 Win User

@melanie brown2

I feel kinda..Stupid right about now. I saw your solution but a few minutes beforehand while i was scratching my head, I saw 'Enable offline permissions'

and was thinking "Surely not right? Might as well just tick it and see what happens."

Lo and behold..The most obvious and disregarded option turned out to be the issue. But thank you very much.
  4. Roker18 Win User

I can't play games that I own because it says I need game pass even though I haven't had it for months

I am having a similar issue to op,

I purchased minecraft xbox one edition when the digital copy first launched and then activated the free Minecraft game download when the “Play together” update was launched. I have been playing the game without issue since until earlier today the game shut
    down and was prompted by the error below

“looks like you need to renew Xbox Gamepass

If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game. If you tried to launch this from a disc, check the disc -- it might be dirty or damaged. (0x803f800e)“

I own the game outside of gamepass and have not been subscribed to gamepass since December 2019.

I have hard reset my xbox, uninstalled the game and reset my xbox bit now the game is not showing in mu library.

tldr: minecraft will no longer work on my xbox due to a gamepass issue, game was owned long before using gamepass.
  5. AoT Piano Win User

Issue launching gamepass game

I can't remove an the account because that is the account my whole PC is setup through. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the xbox app, signed in/signed out multiple times. This is the only game that doesn't load
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Issue launching gamepass game

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following fixes.

Step 1

- Go to Xbox.com and click Sign In.

- If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help to resolve them. - If you can't go beyond the login screen, select Forgot my password and follow the instructions.

Step 2

- Click the Windows + I keys

- Click on Time and Language

- Under Date & Time, verify that the Set time automatically setting is turned on.

If the error still persists, try the next step.

Step 3

- Click the Windows + I keys

- Click on Accounts

- Browse to the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove.

- Then go back to Xbox app and reconnect with the Microsoft account you just removed.
Thema:

1. Having issues launching games on Gamepass - Similar Threads - Having issues launching

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone having an xbox network issue??

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having an xbox network issue??: Hello guys Is anyone experiencing a network issue ? The problem started a few days ago by not being able to connect to wifi and cant log in to my account , but restarting the console few times...
  7. Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.

in XboX Insiders
    Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.: May i ask why when I updated minecraft just now on. My xbox it's showing with two things if the same game.? I have the disc to minecraft its in perfect condition I've checked nothing is wrong with...
  8. having trouble with malfunctioning issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with malfunctioning issue.: Im having a weird issue with all my controller having this issue where the audio lags very bad and the controller can start to malfunction and restart itself and the audio will be really choppy...
  9. Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC: All other games in Xbox Game bar are launching without issue. However whenever we try to launch Roblox it keeps coming up with an error code which I can't seem to find any information out about....
  10. Im having issues launching a game and the main fix is to disable "Use advanced installation...

in XboX Insiders
    Im having issues launching a game and the main fix is to disable "Use advanced installation...: I am a member of Xbox Gaming services, so what is happening and how can I fix it? submitted by /u/Letsgonats42 [link] [comments]