Having difficulties with starting up a game wondering if there are ways to fix it.

Discus and support Having difficulties with starting up a game wondering if there are ways to fix it. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I try to load a game it takes me through the pop up screens that show the developers but when the game needs to actually start it takes me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Hkhase, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Hkhase
    Hkhase Guest

Having difficulties with starting up a game wondering if there are ways to fix it.

Whenever I try to load a game it takes me through the pop up screens that show the developers but when the game needs to actually start it takes me back to the Home Screen. I have tried troubleshooting this by factory resetting, clearing my cache, reinstalling the game etc but nothing seems to work. I don’t know what else I can do at this point. I’m playing on the Xbox series S

:)

Hkhase, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Hkhase, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can try to do a system reinstall.

For a detailed guide, please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the above link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Panukia Win User

1000 out of 1000 gamerscore club for hitman absolution

Well done! have two achievements left to go - the evidence collector and the complete on professional difficulty one. I've completed a few levels on purist difficulty through level select, so I was wondering if I could skip them and level select the others
    on hard difficulty or would I have to start a whole new game?
  4. mustangguy Win User

Mass Effect

Got a quick question. I beat Mass effect on Hardcore and started new game but no other harder difficulty came up. How do I fix this?
  5. VernierSlake Win User

Just wondering if theres a way to fix it

Ye olde backgrounds from before NXE and non premium backgrounds always have that white thing. There's no way around it.
  6. XxXDj RoOsTaXxX Win User

Just wondering if theres a way to fix it

There is no way to fix it, it is the dashboard itself.
Thema:

1. Having difficulties with starting up a game wondering if there are ways to fix it. - Similar Threads - Having difficulties starting

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  4. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  5. I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and...: I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and it won’t turn on. There’s no sound or anything. Somehow it’s seems dead what do I do?...
  6. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  7. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  8. My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?: So I recently got a new series x, and everything has been fine, everything is up to date and I've had no real issues except for one. I have an xbox one copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'd like...
  9. Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .: More specifically in the deals category there is a deal for you game but when I try purchasing it it gives me an error code and tells me to try again. Also yes I have checked everything for an...
  10. I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.: I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias that I created successfully. I have gone to...