Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

Discus and support Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mechanic1980, Mar 7, 2024.

1. mechanic1980
    mechanic1980 Guest

My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on!

Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s also enabled on my Xbox as well but just doesn’t work. It worked fine with my Xbox one x every time, I have checked all the help everywhere and no one has given a reason to why it’s not happening or a workaround

Any help would be appreciated

:)

mechanic1980, Mar 7, 2024
  2. mechanic1980 Win User

Hi,

Yes sleep mode is active and has been since I got the console back in December, I kept all the settings I had on my old Xbox one x as I knew they worked for me.

I’ve done lots of reading on this and no one can seam to solve this issue so not sure if this is a software problem and not a hardware issue?

All cables are brand new, tried all available hdmi slots on my tv but no joy, it’s not a deal breaker just a annoyance and would like to find out why it appears to be a common problem with no fix
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mechanic1980, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you using the Sleep energy mode?

If you aren't, change from Shut Down (Power Saving) to Sleep Mode and try again.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/learn-about-power-modes

I hope this helps.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Mechanic1980,

Have you checked if your TV has a firmware update?

You could try to reset the TV settings to default as well, and then try again.

Which TV Model do you have?
  5. MechWarriorZero Win User

XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

when I had the XBox One I was able to control my tv though Xbox one, but now I have the series x and I cant control my tv though my series x?
  6. AndrewParkes Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

I have a series x connected to a Philips Amerlight 65pus8535 I get 5he silver metallic screen playing x/s dedicated games and it also appears while using Disney plus app from my tv apps! Is this a problem with my tv or is it a Dolby vision problem, I have turned off the dolby for gaming and this worked but in the detail list on my Xbox series x it says that the dolby vision may experience distortion?
Thema:

1. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ?? - Similar Threads - Having problem series

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  5. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  6. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...
  7. i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops...: i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops something went wrong please try again a7154711-3bd8-4071-a8a5-f143f1b50ee7
  8. Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...: Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz dont work Could the support contact me to fix it in any way? 3fa7956c-a1e4-4db7-99c9-c1aef0b6fcea
  9. I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers: I have a problem with 2 elite series 2 black controllers they both still have the 1 year warranty however on 1 the grip is falling off and the other the left stick keeps getting stuck I asked the...
  10. Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** a54e11ff-4d21-4e26-805c-1de26eaf67d9