Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller.

Discus and support Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so my mic supposedly "beeps" and everyone in the party can hear it except me. I checked the party chat and my mic does light up randomly when I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by db Deltron Z II, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller.

Ok so my mic supposedly "beeps" and everyone in the party can hear it except me.

I checked the party chat and my mic does light up randomly when I'm not talking, so that means the beep is actually happening.

But I just bought a new headset, stereo headset adapter and a controller. Is this something wrong with the Xbox or what?

:)

db Deltron Z II, Sep 25, 2015
  2. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

Old controller required the stereo headset adapter to work with my headset. ( was a friends stereo headset adapter) so I thought i'd buy the new type of controller so as to not also buy the stereo headset adapter.

The new controller differences

3.5mm jack which is pointless

and the bumpers feel slightly different, but that just may be because i'm now used to worn bumpers on my old controller.

that's it

Wolverine 1091, Sep 25, 2015
  3. BuffaloBuns
    BuffaloBuns Guest
    Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.

BuffaloBuns, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Wolverine 1091 Win User

New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

Old controller required the stereo headset adapter to work with my headset. ( was a friends stereo headset adapter) so I thought i'd buy the new type of controller so as to not also buy the stereo headset adapter.

The new controller differences

3.5mm jack which is pointless

and the bumpers feel slightly different, but that just may be because i'm now used to worn bumpers on my old controller.

that's it
  5. Frathos Win User

3,5mm Jack not working on Xbox One S Controller through Bluetooth

Your controller may have a problem with the 3.5mm headset jack. If that's the case then your choices are:

• have the controller repaired
    • buy a new controller
    • buy a Stereo Headset Adapter

The Stereo Headset Adapter comes with it's own 3.5mm headset jack and includes some other features you may find useful:

• volume control
    • mute button
    • game/chat mixer control (not sure if this works on PC though)

Good luck!
  6. Chico de Boxer Win User

Mic not working

I have the same issue for months now and I am sorry to tell you that nobody at Xbox support tackled the problem and came up with the solution. It is definitely a Xbox software bug because it appeared after an update. If you test your headset on your phone
    for instance you will notice that your mic works. The only solution I have found is to use the Xbox chat set, a mono headset will work, a stereo headset will not, so don't buy a new stereo headset or adapter of controller because that is not the problem!!!!!
  7. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
  8. MoCt Win User

Controller Update for Stereo Headset Adapter Fails

Just bought a brand new titanfall edition controller and had the same problem. The controller refused to update with the xbox stereo headset hooked up. Looks like it's the headset/adapter that is the problem. I'm going to return the headset and try a different
    one.
Thema:

Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller.

1. Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller. - Similar Threads - Having headset problem

2. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  3. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  4. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  5. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  6. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  7. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  8. So I have a problem with my pdp gaming headset for xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I have a problem with my pdp gaming headset for xbox: Please help me so I have a pdp gaming headset wireless for Xbox light is solid so it's paired but on my Xbox it shows no mic connection and when in a party it says we can't find a microphone for...
  9. I have a problem with my headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with my headset.: Hi. I have a problem with my headphones. I am using a non xbox headset. It does not say anything about xbox on the package. I am using it for my 1708 model xbox controller. The volumeis all...
  10. Hello have a problem cant write any messages neither chat nor headset nuthin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello have a problem cant write any messages neither chat nor headset nuthin: always gwt the message because of my behavior but that was more than 10 days ago 1bc0cf5f-4ce7-4b33-a99e-534376134863