Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to.

Discus and support Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My husband decided to get a 360 this weekend, after 3+ years of not having one. He has multiple email addresses, and back then he set up his Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RiotousSauce253, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to.

My husband decided to get a 360 this weekend, after 3+ years of not having one. He has multiple email addresses, and back then he set up his Live account under an email specifically to receive the Microsoft spam. That email was linked through Hotmail to
    his main account and the other 4 or 5 email addresses he has but uses for specific purposes. With the recent switch to Outlook.com, he lost the linking. Of course, it was some obscure email name that he can't remember after trying to input email addresses
    and passwords for multiple hours on the Live sign in and through Outlook.com.

So, we turned to the support chat and were told that if he could verify the credit card number that was associated with the account by calling in to the (turns out useless) support number, they would have no problem providing the email address on file. After
    wasting time at the bank getting the card number that was replaced by a new number 2 years ago, and sitting on hold with support, turns out that's not true. Apparently, everybody at Microsoft has ZERO capability of seeing an email address and no one can change
    it.

We were told that unless we can come up with the email address, then the account is absolutely useless and there is no way to recover it. So, all that purchased DLC? Absolutely no way of getting it back. (But the 360 and games will be very easy to return.
    The one good side of this fiasco.)

We can see his Gamertag info, score, avatar, etc. It's so close and yet so far away. We can verify every mailing address we've ever lived at. We already confirmed the phone number on file. (Which is out of service and also useless.) We can fax or mail in photo
    ID, SSN, birth certificate, marriage certificate, and blood type. I'll throw in tax returns if you really want it.

The Gamertag obviously hasn't been active since we last owned a 360. I know this isn't the first time somebody has had this problem, there has to be some other way to verify the account other than email address. Blizzard can reset an account just by providing
    an ID.

:)

RiotousSauce253, Apr 1, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Apr 1, 2014
  3. alex_m_f
    alex_m_f Guest
    I forgot email address

The email address associated with the console has been discontinued or no longer in service. I followed the instructions and cannot sign in with gamertag and go to accounts with out email proper and password please advise. I forgot email address and
    cannot access accounts in console. how to find if cannot find either?

alex_m_f, Apr 1, 2014
  4. Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to.

If he remembers and knows is old Gamertag then phone support would be able to pull up the account. Only thing they would have to do is verify the account my sending out a security code to either any email address on the account or any phone number on the
    account. If he had multiple set up on the account like you say then they should be able to get in there and see the email address he actually used for his account. As long as you can verify the ownership of the account with phone support they will be able
    to help you out, even walk you through a password reset if needed as well.

However, if they do get the account pulled up and you can not verify the account then there is probably nothing that can be done, but there is no way to tell until it is tried. Call phone support at this number, 1-800-469-9269, and tell them the problem
    and that you have the Gamertag and then go from there.

Hope it all works out for you.

RiposaurusRex, Apr 3, 2014
  5. RiposaurusRex Win User

Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to.

If he remembers and knows is old Gamertag then phone support would be able to pull up the account. Only thing they would have to do is verify the account my sending out a security code to either any email address on the account or any phone number on the
    account. If he had multiple set up on the account like you say then they should be able to get in there and see the email address he actually used for his account. As long as you can verify the ownership of the account with phone support they will be able
    to help you out, even walk you through a password reset if needed as well.

However, if they do get the account pulled up and you can not verify the account then there is probably nothing that can be done, but there is no way to tell until it is tried. Call phone support at this number, 1-800-469-9269, and tell them the problem
    and that you have the Gamertag and then go from there.

Hope it all works out for you.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

how do change my xbox live email account

If you are using a Microsoft email address (@live, @outlook, @hotmail) then changing email address will close the associated Microsoft account down and you will have no access to email or other services and products associated with it.
  7. Captain Mole Win User

Purchased the xbox live gold 6 month subscription to get 5 free games, code still hasn't been sent to me.

Hi, i have checked everything, junk, spam etc and i cannot find this email anywhere, are you guys sending it to the email address associated with my account? (starts with marc_jm) this is the only email address i know of that is linked to my xbox account.
  8. Operabound Win User

I Cant Change my windows live id!!!!!

Pauliejoseph, I'm not sure what you're referring to about being able to change it. Let me clarify what I mean as far as the email address cannot be changed. You have to be able to access the original Windows Live account before any changes can be made.
    When you need to reset the password for a Windows Live account, you have a few options. However, if the Windows Live email address is not valid and cannot be accessed, if there is not alternate email on the windows live recovery options or is no longer accessible/valid,
    if the security question cannot be answered or there is none, and if the mobile phone number is outdated or if there was none supplied, AND if the customer support form leads to nowhere and the information supplied in that form cannot verify account ownership,
    then unfortunately, the email address associated with the windows live ID cannot be changed. I hope this clarifies "out of luck" for anyone confused. The link below show how to change your Windows Live ID as well for further clarification.

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id
  9. Njal the Blue Win User

How to change the name in the account (example: ClanAmachita [Rubens Schner])

You can not transfer accounts. Once a name is tied to it, then it stays associated.

Also if it has a Microsoft email (@outlook, @live, @hotmail etc) changing/deleting the email will stop access your father might have to other Microsoft services associated with the email address.
Thema:

1. Haven't accessed Live in 3 years and CANNOT find email address it was associated to. - Similar Threads - Haven't accessed Live

2. I am part of the Xbox insiders beta but still haven't gotten access to the new dashboard....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am part of the Xbox insiders beta but still haven't gotten access to the new dashboard....: I am part of the Xbox insiders beta but still haven't gotten access to the new dashboard. Is it not available to try anymore? I am level 3 and been on the program 3 years....
  3. I still haven't received my code for Discord Nitro and EA Access and we're approaching...

in XBoX on Windows
    I still haven't received my code for Discord Nitro and EA Access and we're approaching...: As the title states I bought the XBOX Gamepass Ultimate on 12/12/2019 and here we are now on 1/2/2020 and I still haven't received the code for Discord Nitro OR EA Access. I've messaged Xbox...
  4. I haven't received my Discord Nitro , Spotify Premium and EA access code yet.

in XBoX on Windows
    I haven't received my Discord Nitro , Spotify Premium and EA access code yet.: Im pretty sure everyone has been asking for this , but what i heard is you get the Spotify premium and EA access code on Mail after 10 days of purchase, which i haven't received yet. Secondly it...
  5. Free EA access offered when i renewed gold but haven't received EA access yet...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free EA access offered when i renewed gold but haven't received EA access yet...: On my dashboard i was offered free EA access for 1 month when i renew my gold membership. I renewed my membership and i haven't received my EA access code yet even though the money has been taken...
  6. Haven't received the Origin Access code promised with the pre-order of Battlefield 1

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Haven't received the Origin Access code promised with the pre-order of Battlefield 1: Hello! I have been redirected here by the Xbox Live Support Chat, with the assurance this issue will be solved here. When pre-ordering Battlefield 1, there was a promotion stated in the...
  7. Haven't received an EA access code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Haven't received an EA access code: I didn't receive a code or gain access to the EA access site as the promotion said go gold get 1 months free webt gold but got and heard nothing???? 734c8d6f-0689-4db5-9173-4a0480058a71
  8. Haven't Received 1-Month EA Access Code for Battlefield 1 Purchase

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Haven't Received 1-Month EA Access Code for Battlefield 1 Purchase: I purchased Battlefield 1 on the 19th and the Game Description says that the 1-Month EA Access Code would be sent to my messages within 7 - 10 days. I have yet to receive the 1-Month EA Access...
  9. pre ordered my FIFA 17 10 days ago but still haven't received my ea access code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    pre ordered my FIFA 17 10 days ago but still haven't received my ea access code: I have spoken to Microsoft support and they have sent me here I pre ordered my FIFA 17: 10 days ago and haven't received my code anyway you can help 4864b7db-bc19-4832-b674-4f4abb44d9b3
  10. HAVEN'T RECEIVED EA ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION CODE TO COME WITH XBOX LIVE MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    HAVEN'T RECEIVED EA ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION CODE TO COME WITH XBOX LIVE MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION: I purchased the xbox live membership limited time offer promotion on the xbox store which is supposed to come with 1 month free EA access but I have not received an EA access subscription code so...