Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

Discus and support Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had to do it about 50 times with my XB1....but now I have a replacement and I havn't done it once. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burst Axe, Mar 21, 2014.

  1. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?


    I had to do it about 50 times with my XB1....but now I have a replacement and I havn't done it once.
     
    EternalDragonX, Mar 23, 2014
    #31
  2. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    I hard reset every night before bed. Nah just jokes... I have had to hard reset a few times since getting it, a few black screens.
     
    xXCamhawkXx, Mar 24, 2014
    #32
  3. Thought of this thread when I hard reset last night lol.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Mar 24, 2014
    #33
  4. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Amazingly, (even with the buggy April Preview Update that's messing up disc drives for some) I still haven't ever had to.
     
    Goth Vampirella, Mar 24, 2014
    #34
  5. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Does four last week alone count. I love the xbox one but oh can it be a frustrating machine.
     
    DuFFuL, Mar 24, 2014
    #35
  6. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    I've done it around 5 times, works every time.
     
    Hellfire IRL, Mar 24, 2014
    #36
  7. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    System is designed to stay on for 10 years but barely makes 10 days... joke haha Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? :)
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Mar 24, 2014
    #37
  8. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Judging from the responses I guess it's safe to say those of us who never have are in the minority.
     
    Goth Vampirella, Mar 25, 2014
    #38
  9. I have to do it all the time because of small errors most people would put aside but with every new update, I seem to be doing it less & less.
     
    Ler-8EFC5DFF-EF3D-48E3-9E1F-32486E66917E, Mar 25, 2014
    #39
  10. yes three or 4 times. Sometimes a game wont load. Other times apps won't load. So on and so on..
     
    Lestat Phoenix, Mar 25, 2014
    #40
  11. Level 1

    Posted 27 Mar 2014 1:26 AM

    REALLY, STOP TELLIN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HOW GREAT THE X1 IS. IT FEELS LIKE YOU ALL WORK FOR MICROSOFT. MY SYSTEM WONT READ THE DISC INSERTED AND SO I WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS TO GET MINE BACK WITH FED EX. SO I GO TO THE FED EX STORE AT OFFICE MAX, AND I
    KNOW ITS NOT A FED EX STORE BUT COME ON MAN THEY DIDNT HAVE A BOX TO FIT THE X1 SAFELY WITH THE BUBBLE WRAP, SO THE GIRL SAYS YOU CAN BUY ONE OF OUR BOXES LOCATED IN THE BACK OF THE STORE. I LEFT THE BRICK AT THE COUNTER HOPING SOMEONE WOULD STEAL IT. I LOOKED
    AT THE BOXES THEY HAD TO OFFER, 18X18X12 14X14X14 12X WHO CARES AT THIS POINT. SO I CALL MICROSOFT WHEN I GET HOME AND I AM TALKING TO THE GIRL ON THE OTHER LINE AND SHE SAYS WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU IN 24 HOURS. SO CALL BACK TOMORROW.REALLY? I ASK TO TALK
    TO A MANAGER AND I GET REDIRECTED TO JOE, WHO IS COOL. AND STILL WONT WAIVE THE 15$ TO GET ADVANCED SHIPPING.(GET A SYSTEM BEFORE YOU SEND YOURS IN.) SO I TALK TO HIS BOSS AND SAYS THE SAMETHING. 1:35:40 MINS ON THE PHONE. I SAY, ILL JUST USE THE REGULAR
    SHIPPING METHOD. FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS WARRANTIED FOR 1 YEAR THEY EXPECT YOU TO STOP PLAYING YOUR 500$ (MINUS GAMES) PRODUCT AND SHIP IT YOURSELF FOR AN ADITIONAL 15$ DOLLARS AND A 500$ HOLD ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. THAT IS BAD BUISNESS. SO I CHOSE TO SEND IT
    IN EXPADITED FOR 10.50$ AND WAIT 14 DAYS FOR A DISC DRIVE ISSUE. WHEN I HAD THE YLOD FOR THE PS3 THEY SENT ME A BOX AND 3 GAMES TO MAKE IT SMOOTH OVER. WHY DID I BUY THIS NEXT GEN GAMING SYSTEM? TO PAY 15$ MORE DOLLARS TO GET THERE 4 MONTH OLD PRODUCT FIXED
    DUE TO THERE COMPANY WANTING TO RELEASE TOO SOON AND INSTALING A RUSHED DISC DRIVE THAT THEY DIDNT WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHEN I GET MY CONSOLE BACK, IF I GET THE BRICK BACK? I AM GETTING THE NOT TO MENTION SYSTEM.
     
    YOUHAVEDIEDPS4, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. YOUHAVEDIEDPS4 Win User

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Level 1

    Posted 27 Mar 2014 1:26 AM

    REALLY, STOP TELLIN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HOW GREAT THE X1 IS. IT FEELS LIKE YOU ALL WORK FOR MICROSOFT. MY SYSTEM WONT READ THE DISC INSERTED AND SO I WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS TO GET MINE BACK WITH FED EX. SO I GO TO THE FED EX STORE AT OFFICE MAX, AND I
    KNOW ITS NOT A FED EX STORE BUT COME ON MAN THEY DIDNT HAVE A BOX TO FIT THE X1 SAFELY WITH THE BUBBLE WRAP, SO THE GIRL SAYS YOU CAN BUY ONE OF OUR BOXES LOCATED IN THE BACK OF THE STORE. I LEFT THE BRICK AT THE COUNTER HOPING SOMEONE WOULD STEAL IT. I LOOKED
    AT THE BOXES THEY HAD TO OFFER, 18X18X12 14X14X14 12X WHO CARES AT THIS POINT. SO I CALL MICROSOFT WHEN I GET HOME AND I AM TALKING TO THE GIRL ON THE OTHER LINE AND SHE SAYS WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU IN 24 HOURS. SO CALL BACK TOMORROW.REALLY? I ASK TO TALK
    TO A MANAGER AND I GET REDIRECTED TO JOE, WHO IS COOL. AND STILL WONT WAIVE THE 15$ TO GET ADVANCED SHIPPING.(GET A SYSTEM BEFORE YOU SEND YOURS IN.) SO I TALK TO HIS BOSS AND SAYS THE SAMETHING. 1:35:40 MINS ON THE PHONE. I SAY, ILL JUST USE THE REGULAR
    SHIPPING METHOD. FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS WARRANTIED FOR 1 YEAR THEY EXPECT YOU TO STOP PLAYING YOUR 500$ (MINUS GAMES) PRODUCT AND SHIP IT YOURSELF FOR AN ADITIONAL 15$ DOLLARS AND A 500$ HOLD ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. THAT IS BAD BUISNESS. SO I CHOSE TO SEND IT
    IN EXPADITED FOR 10.50$ AND WAIT 14 DAYS FOR A DISC DRIVE ISSUE. WHEN I HAD THE YLOD FOR THE PS3 THEY SENT ME A BOX AND 3 GAMES TO MAKE IT SMOOTH OVER. WHY DID I BUY THIS NEXT GEN GAMING SYSTEM? TO PAY 15$ MORE DOLLARS TO GET THERE 4 MONTH OLD PRODUCT FIXED
    DUE TO THERE COMPANY WANTING TO RELEASE TOO SOON AND INSTALING A RUSHED DISC DRIVE THAT THEY DIDNT WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHEN I GET MY CONSOLE BACK, IF I GET THE BRICK BACK? I AM GETTING THE NOT TO MENTION SYSTEM.
  13. Blitz23 NZ Win User

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    System is designed to stay on for 10 years but barely makes 10 days... joke haha :)
  14. DuFFuL Win User

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Does four last week alone count. I love the xbox one but oh can it be a frustrating machine.
  15. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Thought of this thread when I hard reset last night lol.
  16. Dynamic Sausage Win User

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Instant-On mode has definitely improved. I turned it off because I was getting a lot of UI lag but I've had it back on for little over a month now and it's much better.

    @TangentialShark, instead of unplugging the console, hold your finger over the power button for around 10 seconds. It's much better for the machine and much easier for you. It has exactly the same effect.
Thema:

Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

Loading...
  1. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? - Similar Threads - Ever Hard Reset

  2. Will we ever be able to clip voice chat in clips?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will we ever be able to clip voice chat in clips?: My friend has a play station and he can clip us playing and it’ll have his voice and everyone else in game. Will Xbox ever do something like that? submitted by /u/i_liveinyourbas3ment [link]...
  3. Will the Postal Games ever come to Xbox consoles/Microsoft Store?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will the Postal Games ever come to Xbox consoles/Microsoft Store?: Xbox is known for it's large collection of games, so why not have 3 more? Postal Redux, Brain Damaged, And Postal 4? Soon to come, Postal 2 Redux, aswell. What's their issue? submitted by...
  4. Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!: Microsoft Store isn't working, gamepass renew subscription isn't working, can't renew it, it's not my internet because it was working for years until all of a sudden it did this, I'm stressed and...
  5. My Account is locked over 10 years old only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account is locked over 10 years old only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login: My over 10 years old account is locked only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login, even after mirgrating the account to a new email, but my new email has created an overlapping xbox...
  6. Can I call someone to get my Xbox account on time out and fully on timeout but not ever

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I call someone to get my Xbox account on time out and fully on timeout but not ever: I can't get on my Xbox account for this email of Microsoft because it got time out for good for no reason because someone hack into your system and type me out 5031dfea-7f4c-4124-8fa3-6debe570906a
  7. When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code...: When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code : 0x9. Any Fix? af05695f-791e-4264-8d83-699df444245c
  8. I'm looking for my purchase history for all time. I'm wondering if records are ever deleted...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm looking for my purchase history for all time. I'm wondering if records are ever deleted...: I'm looking to find the date that I bought a game. I was looking through the purchase history but it only goes back to 2018 and I know that account is significantly older than that. I was looking...
  9. Anyone ever get hard crashes on Series X?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone ever get hard crashes on Series X?: Got a hard crash after playing sea of thieves for a few hours , the one where the system freezes and it makes a loud noise then system shuts off, only had it happen twice so far. Is this normal...
  10. The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...: It shouldnt be so hard to pre cancel so that you are not charged again while paying with a card 008e5997-1207-4472-9d0c-40109c409c8d