Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

Discus and support Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Deliberately to clear my cache. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burst Axe, Mar 21, 2014.

  1. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?


    Deliberately to clear my cache.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 22, 2014
    #16
  2. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest
    The only time I did a hard reset was after loading the Titanfall Beta, black screen.
     
    JWSpeed, Mar 22, 2014
    #17
  3. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    I did it once when the cod ghost screen goes black. Sucks and lately ghost has been loading up slowly to where I have to quit the game and restart it so it loads up faster from the disc.
     
    COD 2 HALO, Mar 22, 2014
    #18
  4. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    I have had to do it a few times myself too. Wouldn't say no to a manual "clear cache" option like on the 360 but I wont grumble at the current method if it sticks around Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? :)
     
    Mark Sherwood, Mar 22, 2014
    #19
  5. SILKYJJ
    SILKYJJ Guest
    I do it once in a while, had to do it last night. Wasn't reading Titanfall, hard reset=problem solved. But honestly I usually go ahead and hard reset about once a week or so.
     
    SILKYJJ, Mar 22, 2014
    #20
  6. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    I had to often before the Feb update fixed the TV app. Since then?......ummmm...maybe once or twice
     
    robnyack, Mar 22, 2014
    #21
  7. Norrdic91
    Norrdic91 Guest
    I've had to a fair few times due to the TV app crashing my TV and a few times due to the home button not going back to dashboard
     
    Norrdic91, Mar 22, 2014
    #22
  8. L0CK3D
    L0CK3D Guest

    Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    Many many times, but far less since I changed the power setting so that it fully shuts off now. I can't wake it up by saying "xbox on", but it doesn't crash nearly as much now.
     
    L0CK3D, Mar 22, 2014
    #23
  9. I've only had to do it once since launch. About 2 weeks ago, none of my apps or games would launch as they would keep taking me to the home screen after 5 seconds. A simple un-plugging of the power cord for 30 seconds fixed everything right away.
     
    TangentialShark, Mar 22, 2014
    #24
  10. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    I can't live without the instant on mode..... and it did appear to be when most crashes/resets happened. But since the updates crashes/resets have become few and far between.

    LOCK3D, if you miss the instant on feature you should give it another try.
     
    robnyack, Mar 23, 2014
    #25
  11. Instant-On mode has definitely improved. I turned it off because I was getting a lot of UI lag but I've had it back on for little over a month now and it's much better.

    @TangentialShark, instead of unplugging the console, hold your finger over the power button for around 10 seconds. It's much better for the machine and much easier for you. It has exactly the same effect.
     
    Dynamic Sausage, Mar 23, 2014
    #26
  12. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    Hmm if it was less than 10x I'd be very surprised. Most times have been when trying to start a game and I just get booted back to home screen after a few seconds. Try disc plus DD games and if none work I hard reset and it works fine.

    Seems to be required almost weekly which is excessive to say the least.
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Mar 23, 2014
    #27
  13. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

    I've only had to do a hard-reset ~4x now... Usually due to an idle screen.
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 23, 2014
    #28
  14. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Haven't had to do one yet... Touch wood...

    Then again, I'm not in the Beta, and my box is usually on power saver mode...
     
    xenomorph v1, Mar 23, 2014
    #29
  15. I've had to do it a few times just to reset everything and just did it earlier today to correct the disk read error for the beta test.
     
    ShadowChaser36, Mar 23, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

Loading...
  1. Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset? - Similar Threads - Ever Hard Reset

  2. Will we ever be able to clip voice chat in clips?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will we ever be able to clip voice chat in clips?: My friend has a play station and he can clip us playing and it’ll have his voice and everyone else in game. Will Xbox ever do something like that? submitted by /u/i_liveinyourbas3ment [link]...
  3. Will the Postal Games ever come to Xbox consoles/Microsoft Store?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will the Postal Games ever come to Xbox consoles/Microsoft Store?: Xbox is known for it's large collection of games, so why not have 3 more? Postal Redux, Brain Damaged, And Postal 4? Soon to come, Postal 2 Redux, aswell. What's their issue? submitted by...
  4. Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will not work ever in the last months!!!: Microsoft Store isn't working, gamepass renew subscription isn't working, can't renew it, it's not my internet because it was working for years until all of a sudden it did this, I'm stressed and...
  5. My Account is locked over 10 years old only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account is locked over 10 years old only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login: My over 10 years old account is locked only ever used it too play minecraft no way to login, even after mirgrating the account to a new email, but my new email has created an overlapping xbox...
  6. Can I call someone to get my Xbox account on time out and fully on timeout but not ever

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I call someone to get my Xbox account on time out and fully on timeout but not ever: I can't get on my Xbox account for this email of Microsoft because it got time out for good for no reason because someone hack into your system and type me out 5031dfea-7f4c-4124-8fa3-6debe570906a
  7. When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code...: When Ever I start My Call Of Duty Game it crashes . It says the game has crashed Error Code : 0x9. Any Fix? af05695f-791e-4264-8d83-699df444245c
  8. I'm looking for my purchase history for all time. I'm wondering if records are ever deleted...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm looking for my purchase history for all time. I'm wondering if records are ever deleted...: I'm looking to find the date that I bought a game. I was looking through the purchase history but it only goes back to 2018 and I know that account is significantly older than that. I was looking...
  9. Anyone ever get hard crashes on Series X?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone ever get hard crashes on Series X?: Got a hard crash after playing sea of thieves for a few hours , the one where the system freezes and it makes a loud noise then system shuts off, only had it happen twice so far. Is this normal...
  10. The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...: It shouldnt be so hard to pre cancel so that you are not charged again while paying with a card 008e5997-1207-4472-9d0c-40109c409c8d