Have we ever had a genuine response from Xbox regarding profile management when it comes to...

Discus and support Have we ever had a genuine response from Xbox regarding profile management when it comes to... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have read through tonnes of reddit posts about this and it seems to be a long-standing desired update that never goes anywhere. There are many ways... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DarthMaulofDathomir, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Have we ever had a genuine response from Xbox regarding profile management when it comes to...

I have read through tonnes of reddit posts about this and it seems to be a long-standing desired update that never goes anywhere.

There are many ways that this could work (to name a few):

1) Like the Nintendo switch system - delete gaming history and games will only reappear if you open/play them again (this covers the usual response of 'what if my brother deleted my game' 2) Implement a system to flag and remove achievements that are no longer obtainable so games always remain complete-able (for gamers that already got the achievement their record would stay at 50/50 for example but for people that missed the boat it could go down to 49/49) 3) As a bare minimum we should at least be able to hide games - this is a half hearted fix however as it would still mean on sites like true achievements a profile could show '35 games played, 34 complete' all because of one discontinued achievement

Im sure there are plenty of other ways that this could fairly and easily work to keep all gamers happy.

On these types of threads I've noticed there are always a group of people who comment the same things:

1) 'no-one cares about your achievement or % score' - the gamers that are bothered by this are not trying to show off their profiles. This is a completely personal thing. I enjoy fully completing games, it's as simple as that. As much as we vet games before starting them we can always get caught out. It prohibits what some people will play which makes no sense as gaming is supposed to be fun, not stressful. This simple update would make completionists gaming experience much better 2) 'it's not fair for other gamers who got the achievement already' - by letting us delete games from our profile this completing avoids this, or alternatively we have removed achievements but those that got it keep it. Having the chance to clean up our own profiles for our own satisfaction should be possible.

Option 1 I really can't see any problems with. It's a simple delete from your own profile and it wouldn't affect anybody else.

So, has anyone ever seen an actual response? I know this tops the requests boards quite often, what can we do to actually encourage a change?

submitted by /u/DarthMaulofDathomir
    [link] [comments]

/u/DarthMaulofDathomir, Oct 10, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Have we ever had a genuine response from Xbox regarding profile management when it comes to...