Have I been spoiled? lol.

Discus and support Have I been spoiled? lol. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Unless I'm missing something, there's not an option to choose a track man. There's just a "Run benchmark test" option that always runs on the same track. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Windows10XboxOne, Apr 14, 2014.

  1. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

    Have I been spoiled? lol.


    Unless I'm missing something, there's not an option to choose a track man. There's just a "Run benchmark test" option that always runs on the same track.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Apr 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    I use Fraps when I'm benchmarking actual games. It allows me to choose what portion of the game to look for specific performance issues at certain areas.

    3dMark if I'm just looking for an epeen score.
     
    Randver, Apr 14, 2014
    #17
  3. I recently played Gone Home, and I'm not sure why it was so slow on my pc since I can play just about any game I want without any problem, but it was sometimes as low as 5-10 fps. Yes, that's right, FIVE to TEN fps and yet I played the whole darn game.
    I didn't whine about it. I just played it and was glad when it was over and then I was onto the next game.
     
    BizarroMantis, Apr 14, 2014
    #18
  4. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    @Bizarro

    Gone Home runs on the Unity engine which can bring even the biggest, baddest rigs to their knees. That game ran better on my old laptop than my gaming rig. go figure.
     
    Randver, Apr 14, 2014
    #19
  5. Arkham99
    Arkham99 Guest
    BIZARROMANTIS, it's very possible that the game for some reason is running the game on your Integrated Graphics instead of your Dedicated Graphics Card. This happens occasionally with some games, do a little search on the Steam Forums and you'll likely
    find a simple solution, I've had this happen to myself once with the game called 'Space Engineers', a simple change in Control Panel made the game run like a well-oiled machine afterwards...Have I been spoiled? lol. :)
     
    Arkham99, Apr 14, 2014
    #20
  6. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

    Ever since I've read about resolution and frame rate differences on the internet
    I can't enjoy certain types of games unless I have read on the internet that
    they are running at a buttery smooth 60 frames per second or better. 30 frames per second gaming feels sluggish to me even though
    I wouldn't be able to tell the difference without having been told by the internet. I can deal without playing games in 1080p but I feel the framerate/responsiveness is more important. This a real shame too
    because I might have to pass up Watch Dogs on the Xbox One if
    the internet tells me that I have to.

    [/quote]

    I've helped clear up what I believe you are trying to say.

    LOL AT UR Post.
     
    Azrael008uk, Apr 14, 2014
    #21
  7. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    I need about 40fps to be completely happy.

    But somtimes 30fps is fine. In Second Son I barely noticed that the game dipped to 30fps b/c it was so beautiful and the game was so much fun.

    The only reason I noticed is b/c I knew when the game was at higher frames half the time. I couldn't believe it looked that good and still got good frames.
     
    Wiggs, Apr 14, 2014
    #22
  8. Have I been spoiled? lol.

    A game can run at 30fps or 60 fps and I will be just fine with it. The key is to make sure that it never goes below the 30fps benchmark, though - that's when I'll start complaining.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 14, 2014
    #23
  9. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    40hrs on Titanfall... Not once did the resolution of FPS come into my mind... Cos guess what? I was too busy having fun, enjoying gaming to frikkin care.

    If you want the best in resolution and FPS don't buy a console... It's as simple as that. But then again, this isn't some new revelation...
     
    xenomorph v1, Apr 14, 2014
    #24
  10. Lol at my post? I didn't write that in my post troll. I didn't read anything on that internet that told there was a difference.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, Apr 14, 2014
    #25
  11. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    Having never played any game at 60FPS, the very first moment I played both FIFA and BF4 on Xbox noticed a massive difference, felt entirely different, the smoothest graphics I'd ever seen. There is a big jump moving from 360 to X1 in this regard, I don't
    even know how anyone could think otherwise.
     
    Hellfire IRL, Apr 15, 2014
    #26
  12. Yea, it's hard going back to BF3 on the 360 when I can actually see the frames scrolling on the screen when turning. Whoever says you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS is either lying or has never compared the 2 themselves because you can 100%
    tell the difference between the two.
     
    Mogwai Warrior, Apr 15, 2014
    #27
  13. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    it is nice to know watchdogs is 30fps on both xbox and ps4
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Apr 15, 2014
    #28
  14. You know, true story. I never even knew much about frames and resolution until these forums lol. In my experience, a game can be good regardless of its set parameters. I've enjoyed games at high and low ends.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #29
  15. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    You know, true story. I never even knew much about frames and resolution until these forums lol. In my experience, a game can be good regardless of its set parameters. I've enjoyed games at high and low ends.
  16. Hellfire IRL Win User

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    Having never played any game at 60FPS, the very first moment I played both FIFA and BF4 on Xbox noticed a massive difference, felt entirely different, the smoothest graphics I'd ever seen. There is a big jump moving from 360 to X1 in this regard, I don't
    even know how anyone could think otherwise.
  17. Azrael008uk Win User

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    [quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

    Ever since I've read about resolution and frame rate differences on the internet
    I can't enjoy certain types of games unless I have read on the internet that
    they are running at a buttery smooth 60 frames per second or better. 30 frames per second gaming feels sluggish to me even though
    I wouldn't be able to tell the difference without having been told by the internet. I can deal without playing games in 1080p but I feel the framerate/responsiveness is more important. This a real shame too
    because I might have to pass up Watch Dogs on the Xbox One if
    the internet tells me that I have to.

    [/quote]

    I've helped clear up what I believe you are trying to say.

    LOL AT UR Post.
  18. Arkham99 Win User

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    BIZARROMANTIS, it's very possible that the game for some reason is running the game on your Integrated Graphics instead of your Dedicated Graphics Card. This happens occasionally with some games, do a little search on the Steam Forums and you'll likely
    find a simple solution, I've had this happen to myself once with the game called 'Space Engineers', a simple change in Control Panel made the game run like a well-oiled machine afterwards...:)
  19. Randver Win User

    Have I been spoiled? lol.

    I use Fraps when I'm benchmarking actual games. It allows me to choose what portion of the game to look for specific performance issues at certain areas.

    3dMark if I'm just looking for an epeen score.
Thema:

Have I been spoiled? lol.

Loading...
  1. Have I been spoiled? lol. - Similar Threads - been spoiled lol

  2. I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0)

    in XboX Insiders
    I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0): Hi, was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I pre-ordered AC8 but there was no code or email with a code to download AC0 which was supposed to be a pre-order bonus. Any help...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.

    in XboX Insiders
    I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.: If I’m in the delta tier is there a date when I’ll be able to get mythic achievements? submitted by /u/NoFoundation2756 [link] [comments]
  5. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  6. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  7. My downloads haven't been working since yesterday

    in XboX Insiders
    My downloads haven't been working since yesterday: Speed test is pulling over a 1gb, games are downloading for like 30mbps for a bit and then just hanging. I came home today and saw only 2 games updated. One got kb in it before switching....
  8. Xbox's 25th Anniversary Is Everything Fans Have Been Waiting For — Here's Why It's a Big Deal

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox's 25th Anniversary Is Everything Fans Have Been Waiting For — Here's Why It's a Big Deal: Twenty-five years ago, Microsoft walked into the gaming world with a chunky black box and a bold promise. This year, Xbox is celebrating that legacy in the most fitting way possible and honestly,...
  9. been an omega ring member for almost a month now, no update at all. plz help!!

    in XboX Insiders
    been an omega ring member for almost a month now, no update at all. plz help!!: hello! I found out about the xbox insider program that was available for everyone, so I joined the omega ring when the new boot screen came out, even though 4 2606 updates was released for omega...
  10. April 25-2026 Xbox has been having issues regarding my privacy and online safety settings

    in XboX Insiders
    April 25-2026 Xbox has been having issues regarding my privacy and online safety settings: For months now I have been unable to use discord or any communication outside of Xbox my Xbox is currently bugged and will not let me change any privacy settings despite being 18+ verified for...